Help With Homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:32 am

So I spent the entire day putting together a homemade gun.
I use 3 2" chambers 13" long.
(I used this because I work at ACE harware and the store didn't have pieces for anything larger. and I get a discount there so I didn't go anywhere else. with the discount it still cost me $40. pfft) and I am trying to make a side-by-side dual pump system to pump it up faster. Now all I need is a little advice before I cement everything together. should I sand everything before I glue pieces together or leave them smooth? and I need some advice for the pump.
<span style='font-family :O ptima'>"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job."
Sir Winston Churchill

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:38 am

Well from what I know, the primer takes removes the glaze, so sanding isnt neccesary. But just follow the directions on the bottles of the primer and cement. If it doesn't say, just don't.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:29 am

blaze pretty much summed it up. Primar is a week form of the glue that roughens up/softends the PVC. Which is basically what sanding does, only it is much faster.

For the pump, read Doom's explanation for his new homemade, only do 2. Then use 2 elbows a T and some pipe. This will create one handle for 2 pumps. Hope your strong enough to pump that much water! :P
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:58 am

Thanks for the help.
<span style='font-family :O ptima'>"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job."
Sir Winston Churchill

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:20 am

Originally posted by blaze@Jun 23 2004, 10:38 PM
Well from what I know, the primer takes removes the glaze, so sanding isnt neccesary. But just follow the directions on the bottles of the primer and cement. If it doesn't say, just don't.
he never said he wanted to paint this gun. If you cemented it together, than yes you will need to do some LIGHT Sanding to the whole blaster, it should make the exterior last longer, than if you want, you can add primer, then spraypaint if desired.

Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:24 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try and have this all glued together by noon today. And sorry for the double post. Oops.

Sir Winston Churchill

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:27 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09+Jun 23 2004, 09:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jadefalcon09 @ Jun 23 2004, 09:20 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-blaze@Jun 23 2004, 10:38 PM
he never said he wanted to paint this gun. If you cemented it together, than yes you will need to do some LIGHT Sanding to the whole blaster, it should make the exterior last longer, than if you want, you can add primer, then spraypaint if desired. [/b][/quote]
Jade, I wasn't talking about painting. PVC Primer (the stuff you put on before you put on cement) removes the glaze on the PVC and makes it rougher so it sticks better.