How to open the XP105?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
zenman

How to open the XP105?

Post by zenman » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi there everyone.

I am curious about the inside of my XP105.
I tried to disassemble it but got stuck when the front PC (with the ring underneath) held the two bodyparts together. It seems the only way to fully disassemble it is breaking something (the ring?). Still this seems strange. Someone had to assemble it once and the ring and front PC both are not glued to the body. I can turn them around 360. The rear PC is fixed (to the internal pipes I think), but does not prevent disassembly.

Well anyway I pried the body open on the triggerside and got the pump-rod out to put some fresh Vaseline on it. The pumping now works great again.

But still,.....I really would like to know how to open it up fully, preferably without breaking anything...I'm just so curious...

If you've got a suggestion or images of disassembled XP105's I would really appreciate it.
:cool:

martianshark

Re: How to open the XP105?

Post by martianshark » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Usually, the only way to get off stuff is to break it. I don't know much about the XP 105, but I don't think it would hurt to break it off and simply leave it off. I could be wrong though.

zenman

Post by zenman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks for your reply. I did a small test recently and it doesn't seem possible to leave the front PC off.

The test:
I started without any pressure on the XP105. I pushed the pressure chambers and I could push a little dent in both PC's. Then I pumped the XP105 to full pressure and tried to dent the PC's again, no luck. Both pressure chambers felt "rock"-hard and that probably means they are both in use for pressure-purposes.

Any picture of a disassembled XP105 would probably help to determine if I'm right or not. Hopefully someone will post some pictures someday.
:cool:
XP70, XP105, XP310, CPS2000, WET WET WET

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:28 am

I assume martianshark means the ring could be broken off and discarded. It may be just for cosmetic purposes - after all, the other PC doesn't have a ring.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 pm

If you just broke the retaining ring, you would have full acess and also a smoother color scheme.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.