Hello All Soaker fans, I have just joined

General water gun discussion.
motoracer

Hello All Soaker fans, I have just joined

Post by motoracer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 am

Hi everybody. My son and I have just gotten into super soakers. My son is 10, I am 41. It all started a few weeks ago, at a yard sale, I saw this huge gun, looked cool, so bought it for $2, turns out it is a CPS 2500, and it works great. so that night, I found isoaker, and read for a few hours, history, models, games, etc... sound s like paint ball but safe and more family fun. So since then we have had a few back yard battles with his friends, and expanded our armory like mad. My son is planning a large water warfare party this summer now, so we needed a load of guns. We have been yard sailing and bargain hunting ever since.

My son is totally loving it, and I am too, we have had a water fight almost every night for the last 2 weeks. I have made a few videos too for you tube, check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SvMRr0wBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mASRhxi1F8

Our armory is now as follows:

CPS2500, Monster X, 3 of Max-D 6000, Rattler, Bottle Blitz, Splat Blast, Vaporizer, Hydro pulse, Triple Shot, 2 of Flash Flood, Sneak Attack, super soaker 50 (anniversary edition), XP270, a splat blast knock off, and just today for fathers day, I got 2 Saturators (the battery operated AK47 type guns and they are really cool)

Most we have got used off kajiji, or yard sales, a few from friends at work,and a few new but on sale, like the flash floods, and saturators we scored for 1/2 price in sales. I got 4 Max-d 6000 for $10, two had busted triggers, so I have sacrificed 1 as a parts gun, and fixed another one with rubber bands, so now have 3 perfect ones, and parts for them.

I have learned a lot from this site, and have already played some games like president and a few other scenario games, and learned about repairs. I am glad for a forum like this. It is such fun, and easier to water warfare than paint ball (we have done that as well) but no waivers needed, and all his friends can come over now and battle until its time to go home each evening.

i will post an armory picture soon, we also plan on doing some youtube review videos as well. Check out the above videos, you can see most of our guns in them.

C-A_99

Re: Hello All Soaker fans, I have just joined

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 am

Welcome to SSC! That 2500's by far the best deal I've heard anyone pick up. Looks like your armory's building up fairly steadily. The lower end of the CPS line is very potent as well; the 1000, 1200, and 2100 are all fairly light and small and still quite powerful while being considerably easier to keep pressurized.

I mostly chose water warfare for costs but being able to have them anywhere outside was also a benefit.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 pm

2 dollars for a CPS 2500? That's crazy cheap!

Yeah, water warfare offers cost advantages compared to anything with physical ammo. Even NERF darts, while reusable, are easily lost.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Welcome to SSC! That is an impressive arsenal, and the CPS 2500 is a gem.

I would caution about mixing electric guns and water, however, because the guns can be safe, but only if maintained properly.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

motoracer

Post by motoracer » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm

thanks for the welcome. yeah the CPS 2500 was a score, at the time though, just thought it was a big water gun, it was dirty, and had sand in the tank, I told my son, even if it does not work, we can paint it and it would be a cool toy gun, as he and his friends like playing army (that was until now, now its all water wars, as you don't have to pretend to shoot your buds)

Not until we got home, and that night, after cleaning it out, and testing it, started reading about soakers on isoaker, did I realize what I had out side. I doubt we will top that, kind of set a high bar for yard sale water guns, we will keep checking as we pass them on weekend mornings though.

The 2 saturators, are gonna stay inside, and I empty the water mags after use and dry them, they have to be babied a bit, as they are more novelty, and cant go up against even the weakest super soaker we have, but against each other is fun, but after using flash floods and MD-6000, they seem pretty weak, but still kinda cool to have.

helenk579

Post by helenk579 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Welcome to SSC, and we are glad to have you here.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.