needed water gun

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
ssdiva123

needed water gun

Post by ssdiva123 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm

hey im looking for a super soaker ss300 for a Christmas gift... it's sentimental. if ne1 could tell me where to find one or has one for sale that would be awesome. thanks!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Unfortunately, eBay is currently the only place where out-of-production soakers are available. And prices for a gun as good as this are likely to be high. However, this is the off-season--nobody, except those living in the tropics or in the southern hemisphere, holds water fights this time of year. But availability is more of a problem.

I understand what you mean about sentimental things...but there's not much one can do. If you're desperate, you could ask friends or people who were kids and playing with water guns around ten years ago or more.

ssdiva123

Post by ssdiva123 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:16 pm

thank u so much. that makes complete sense. if i can find one i would be extremely happy, if not i guess i could go with plan B :-)

CAPTAIN Nate

question

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:50 pm

what is your "Plan B?" :confused: Just curious. ^_^'

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:22 pm

CAPTAIN Nate wrote:what is your "Plan B?" :confused: Just curious. ^_^'
Sounds like a personal matter, as it sounds like a personal gift for someone. Maybe a different gift altogether.

Either way, that's not a question you should need to ask. Please be a bit more mature in the future. Thank you.

ssdiva123

Post by ssdiva123 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:07 pm

sorry if i offended anyone...it is a personal gift but i did not mean to make you mad by asking for it

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:49 pm

No...I was asking consideration of Captain Nate. No offense to either of you. It's just that asking about such personal gifts is not a very conventional thing to do, and I'd advise people to refrain from it. Not just on the forums. ;)

CAPTAIN Nate

Apology

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:32 am

@ ssdiva: I realize asking about that was a rude thing to do. I'm sorry.

@ Silentguy: Can you and certain other members try to be a little less strict in the future on what I or other members post to a certain extent? I know that in this case I was wrong for asking about personal gifts and I got what I deserved for asking about that. But, seriously you, Ben, and others really need to be a little less strict on certain things. Example: I post in a "old" thread, you guys, usually Silentguy, start posting about how I shouldn't be posting in old unused threads. But, if you and others are posting in an "old, unused thread" then, aren't you guys doing the same thing you're telling me to stop doing? A better solution would be to either send them an E-mail or a private message or both. That's all I have to say. Adios!

DX

Post by DX » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:08 am

If you think we are strict, then you really don't know the meaning of the word. On many other forums, if a member makes a single annoying post, they can be banned instantly. Staff on many forums do not bother to give suggestions and 10th chances.

As a side note, there is a difference between posting in an old topic to add valuable material and posting in an old topic.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:07 pm

Some people seem to read any form of suggestion to them as tyranny. What is ironic about that group is that they usually suggest stuff to the administration. I've dealt with a lot of those people. What is unusual as well is that I've checked my last 200 posts and not a single one of them says anything about bringing up old threads. I don't even know why I was mentioned because I can't imagine I've said not to post in old threads more than 10 times over the years.

As for administrators apparently not following their own advice, I believe you'd be surprised to learn that no one here actually thinks posting in an old thread is anything bad. It's a suggestion not to post in old threads when you don't have much to say. A lot of posting in old threads is fine and I think for every example you will find of someone posting in an old thread and being told not to, you will find at least two examples of someone posting in an old thread and the administration not caring.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:50 pm

I'm sorry for being strict, but there are general rules-of-thumb in all online forums. Double posts clutter the threads. Posting in old topics can often be unnecessary, simply because the issue has either been settled already or because the members concerned are no longer active.

I try not to bring up old topics. But if somebody has brought it up by asking a question or something, it is no longer dead, is it? Agreeably, there are times when bringing up an older topic is okay. If you created the thread months ago for a homemade project or something, it would be okay to post in it as an update on something. Or if the thread is stickied, such as "Where do you live?," as that thread would contain information useful for many people and indefinitely into the future.

Please don't feel as if we are singling you out. We try to make sure nobody makes unnecessary posts. And if we only say that in PMs, then it will be more of a warning than a tip, and others will not learn if they don't see the information publicly. We're not trying to punish you either, we're simply stating the customary posting practices.

EDIT: ssdiva123, sorry for hijacking your thread. That's another practice that's not recommended, and it's my fault this time. The thread can be split if people want to continue the replies discussion...