Modding the Max D 6000

Threads about water gun modifications.
11ilee

Modding the Max D 6000

Post by 11ilee » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Is it possible to replace the PCs of the Max D 6000 with a spherical CPS PC? Also, should I get a Triple Shot or the Tiger Shark?

Thanks,
Isaac

Captain Galaxy

Re: Modding the Max D 6000

Post by Captain Galaxy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:27 am

What do you plan to use for the bladder? Are you using one from a Super Soaker or are you making one? The only thing that works well are balloons and, well, never mind. Balloons are easy to break and are hard to layer. This mod is probably not worth the difficulty. It would probably be better to just buy a CPS water gun.
Live Long and Prosper

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 am

Yes, you can modify the Max-D 6000 to use a spherical CPS bladder. However, there's no reason to. The Max-D 6000 does what it was intended to well. If you want to get more power out of the water gun, you're not going to get much more because the pipes have an internal diameter of about 1/4 inch. That's extremely restricting to the point where if you want to improve performance you'd have to replace the piping, and that'd be approaching a homemade water gun in total work done. Modifications are meant to be less work than building an entirely new water gun so that is not desired.

One thing I've said again and again: You can't modify a tricycle to perform like a monster truck. Keep your goals in modifications realistic is all that's saying.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 am

Keep the Max-D 6000 as it is. If you have success making a spherical bladder (or have one spare from a broken gun) then use it in a homemade.

There is more than one gun called the Triple Shot (or similar names). Which one do you mean? (ie what does it look like?)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

11ilee

Post by 11ilee » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I meant the Soakertag Elite Triple Shot.

Thanks,
Isaac

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:58 pm

isoaker stats comparison: http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_c ... tigershark

remember isoaker's stats are based on one example. There's always the chance it's a lemon (ie worse than it should be)

They're very different blasters. The Tiger Shark is a big, high capacity cannon; lacking in power compared to the CPSes of old but good compared to current guns, though outdone by the larger Orca.

The Triple Shot, by contrast, is a small(ish) gun, but with a big punch on the largest nozzle. The drawback is you won't get many such shots before running out of water, and isoaker's model did very badly on the small nozzle. Also, the Max-D trigger valve is prone to breaking.

If you just want the 'better' gun, get the Tiger Shark. However, if you already have small CPSes (1000,1200, or 2100) the Tiger Shark can't compete, so the Triple Shot might be a better option.

Also worth considering is that the Tiger Shark is current (though I don't know if it will still be in 2009). The Triple Shot was discontinued. Thus from a collecting point of view, the Triple Shot is the one to get.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:45 am

Very hard to modify the MXD 6000 to fit a CPS bladder. The flow has a bend in the plumbing, so you wouldn't get 100% power.

Better to do a CVF and put water balloons into the PC (firing angle mod).

In addition, prepump the firing chamber with air before using it to get more pressure behind the water.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:20 pm

Moron (no pun intended), check the post dates, this one's a year old. (and the term CVF no longer exists, its known as a PRV removal)

That said, the only mod I'd recommend for the 6k is a nozzle drill. The PC's have the power to support one roughly 4-5x so thats what I'd recommend. More nozzles can be drilled since the default selection lacks real variety between the nozzles, but I decided to drill just the smallest one. Max range may decrease very slightly, but effective range should increase due to the thicker stream. The diameter of the pipes, valves, and their ability to withstand pressure may not be high enough for a CPS bladder which would be better fit for another gun. (i.e. one with more reservoir capacity)