The need for an unconventional Water Guns + weapons.

General water gun discussion.
JCSoaker

The need for unconventional Water Guns + weapons.

Post by JCSoaker » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 am

Hello all,
this might shock you but I have some crazy needs to impossible items.
I want to be unseen from a great distance and hit the target with huge amounts of water.
And I am not talking about a video game. This is real life. The physics/math may be really wrong so it may need some super smart Physicist/Scientist to solve this problem.

I am looking for three guns... another one for other purposes (not waterfights).. and one misc water weapon.

1. The Sniper Water Gun.
- Can be fired at point blank range at the r.f. mode.
- Shoots 2500+ feet.
- Has a sniper scope with magnification 2000ftX - 5000FtX
- Does not use a bullet and safe enough to only bruise the skin lightly.
- Enough Velocity to reach the furthest target, but not hurt any human skin/body.
- soundless.
- Water settings of: 0.001 Gallon, 0.005 Gallon, 0.01 Gallon, 0.02 Gallon, 0.05 Gallon, 0.08 Gallon, 0.1 Gallon, 0.2 Gallon, 0.5 Gallon, 0.75 Gallon, 1 Gallon, 1.5 Gallon, and 2 Gallon per shot.
- The target must be wet and confused of where the water came from.

2. The Ultimate Sniper Water Gun.
- Can be fired at point blank range in r.f. mode.
- Shoots 2 miles+.
- Does not use a bullet or uses a waterball for two choices.
- Enough velocity to reach the furthest target but not hurt any human skin/body.
- also soundless.
- Water settings of: 0.001 Gallon, 0.005 Gallon, 0.01 Gallon, 0.02 Gallon, 0.05 Gallon, 0.08 Gallon, 0.1 Gallon, 0.2 Gallon, 0.5 Gallon, 0.75 Gallon, 1 Gallon, 1.5 Gallon, and 2 Gallon per shot.
- The target must be wet and confused of where the water came from.

3. Magnetically charged water gun.(Homing)
- Shoots water at the desired target and bends through air to only hit the target from a computer screen.
- Can shoot water 2 miles+
- has the description of the above two water guns, except it has a large water tank.

4. (The purpose is to target practice in a people restricted zone only for shooting weapons.)

Water-Jet Gun. (not for water fights since it can kill any person and cut strong metal) (already invented)

- It has a velocity of over Mach 4 (3000 Mph - 4400 Ft/s)
- High water pressure of 50,000- 85,000 psi+ (pounds per square inch)
- Only to be practiced in a high level security clearanced restricted area for trained operators of this dangerous weapon.
- This weapon would act like a laser with huge recoil and deflection of targets.

5 Water Grenades

- Instead of the conventional water ballons why not use water grenades?
- Specially modified to prevent any injury, and explode with enough force to cover a soaking radius of 50 feet. This will replace most CPS.
- The water density, and volume is sparse enough not to drown any person but to soak the body from head to toe.
- The throwing distance is to the discretion of the thrower.

There I have my 5 top secret weapons I have in my mind I need.
I have many more, but these were the more common ones on my list.

I hope someone will invent the four weapons and maybe sell the existing one (Water-Jet Gun, Portable but quite heavy due to the power generator and the pressure system.)

Feel free to comment on my ideas.
Last edited by JCSoaker on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:36 pm

Half of these weapon ideas might actually work... in outer space.

Otherwise, you're quite late on April Fools'...

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:45 pm

Welcome aboard!

Yeah, I can't tell whether you're serious or joking...so just in case...

It's difficult to pass 60 feet with a regular water guns, maybe 80 feet with a cannon, and 100 with an emplaced system. Even fire hoses can't go much further.

If you're shooting projectiles (which is unsafe at these levels), check out pretty much any spud gun site.

I'm not sure, but I was under the impression that a jet cutter's stream would break up into mist at even small ranges. Like a power washer. I'm not too sure, though.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:25 am

No, it's not an April fools' joke and I was joking for the first four weapons.
The "impossible" weapons were just to capture your attention to new possibilities of water weapons, which now leads to the 'real' new weapon of future water fights.

(of course I have many more ideas but I'll share one idea at a time since most of the time, readers do not read every word of a post.)

-The water grenade- NOT water balloons

As stated before:

5. Water Grenades

Instead of the conventional water ballons why not invent water grenades?

- Specially modified to prevent any injury, and explode with enough force to cover a soaking radius of 50 feet. This will replace most CPS.
- The water density, and volume is sparse enough not to drown any person but to soak the body from head to toe.
- The throwing distance is to the discretion of the thrower.

I think with newer synthetic material, this weapon can change the water warfare in many ways.
Last edited by JCSoaker on Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:05 am

I'm abit confused. Is this a fictional "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thread, or are the ideas serious and someone is waiting for someone to make a watergun like that? Because I will say that much, online soakerdom can consider themselves lucky if we see just a 50 feet shooter in retail again. As for homemades that would archieve those stats, you would need NASA or a Bond Villain to research that stuff. ;)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:39 pm

While you have interesting ideas JCSoaker, none of the ones you have are possible unless you are willing to spend millions of dollars making them. And even then, none of these ideas will be practical or even easily achievable. As for my comments on each individual idea:

The "Sniper Water Gun" would have to be a very large stationary building with very large water pumps getting the flow needed for 2500 feet of range. I won't say it's impossible, but I will say the stream will have to be at least a foot in diameter. That alone makes any of your listed water capacities and outputs far too low. Perhaps it could be mounted on something like a train, but that'd be pushing it too. This'll cost a ton of money

The "Ultimate Sniper Water Gun" would be even harder to build, and if it could be built it simply would be a larger version of the water pumping station I mentioned earlier. With that being said, two miles of range is going to take so much energy to achieve that I would consider it nearly impossible simply because of that. 2500 feet is also a very huge stretch. I don't think any water shooting device has ever got over 200 feet of range. 200 feet alone would take so much energy and be so huge I consider that nearly impossible as well. But, as I said, with enough energy it is possible.

The "Magnetically Charged Water Gun" sounds like something out of science fiction. Water won't carry a magnetic charge, so shooting pure water is out of the question unless you use static charge. Water can't be charged (easily at least), but it moves towards both positive and negative charges. With that being said, to home in a water stream from more than a few inches away would take a ton of electric charge. The charge will definitely discharge to something before it would guide a stream. It simply is not possible.

I suppose if enough metals were dissolved into the water, the water could be attracted to a magnet, but like the electric charge idea, this would take so much magnetism, it again puts it into the realm of fantasy.

As for the "Water Jet Gun," that sounds like a water jet cutter. Such devices actually cut things with water (and often an abrasive as well). To achieve speeds fast enough to cut, water pressure (enough to actually compress the water) and very small nozzles are used. Only then is this possible. And it does not achieve good range because the stream is going so fast as to break up from the drag very soon after leaving the nozzle. With larger streams comes better ability to resist drag, but the velocity decreases by a lot. Again, with the water pumping station, I suppose this might be possible, but no one is going to make a water pumping station this powerful to do this.

"Water grenades" doesn't seem likely. To soak someone from head to toe from a single water balloon like device would take more than many water balloons. The weight makes that impossible to throw far. And how is this going to detonate? With explosives? That's not safe simply due to the explosives, not due to drowning. If you make something that carries a few gallons of water and put a bomb in the center, I'm sure it will spread the water out easily 50 feet, but that's not safe or practical.

One thing that might work for you would be a projectile launcher that launches a "water bomb" high into the air. You could achieve range of several hundred meters with such a device. However, what separates this from a water balloon launcher is the fact that the "water bomb" explodes in mid-air, dropping the water like rain. With a large enough bomb, this definitely could get someone wet safety as the water reaches it's terminal velocity.

Pumpkin'-chunkin' type guns might be good for this use. But, again, these are huge and attract many people. Good luck not being seen with a tractor-trailer sized water gun.

In the end, these ideas are simply impossible, and even if made, they would not be practical at all. The simple limits of practicality put a cap on achievable range of water guns in water fights. I think this limit is about 65 feet in distance and 50X in water output. Beyond that point, achieving more range or output both wastes water and uses too much air pressure (or rubber tubing, or whatever powers your water gun).