Water gun types

General water gun discussion.
ken landry

Water gun types

Post by ken landry » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:17 am

Hey there, I'm a new guy on here and I have two separate needs I need to buy water guns for. If I can buy a water gun that fits both needs that would be great, but if after reading what my needs are, give me your opinion on it..... Number one: is for a water gun that my elderly mother can use to squirt a misbehaving cat from a distance and be able to do it as fast as possible, and it needs to be smallish, but big enough to be able to aim it semi-accurately. So basically I am needing one that can either hold it's pressure for an extended time, or I suppose it would have to be a piston type. I know it is unlikely, but maybe battery powered? I haven't had time yet to read up on the technology and the ratings of these pistols posted here and besides that, it is hard to tell from the pictures just what size the gun actually is. A nice size for this would be about the same size as a Colt .45 semi-automatic pistol more or less......Number# 2, I did buy an obviously MALFUCTIONING pistol off of ebay for the cat use, and have had lots of fun squirting a few friends with it, plus I gave them another one I had that is so small it is almost useless - it is very hard to shoot with accuracy. The bigger pistol I bought off EBAY for the cat is I believe a piston type but it appears to be worn out or needs seals. I have to squeeze the trigger 3 - 4 times to even get a partial stream shooting. By then the cat has jumped off the shelf or counter top and I want to catch it in the act! So, I would like to buy a couple of good water pistols to water fight with. I don't need a whole bunch of water or big guns. Just a couple of decently priced guns for a small water fight. So I need suggestions on what to buy and the best place to buy them. I am not buying any more used ones unless I have more info than the last time I bought the one I have now! (smiles) I just assumed it would be in good shape. I never thought about seals hardening and cracking etc. etc. Help! You can email me at kenlandry@hotmail.com I would appreciate it immensely. Or if you have any good used ones, I most likely would trust someone on this site....w/respect, Ken
Last edited by ken landry on Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrong title

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:29 pm

I would look for Buzz Bee/Water Warrior pistols--the Cricket, the Firefly, or the Yellow Jacket. From pictures, and from holding it, the Cricket is by far the smallest. It requires little pumping if you pump before each shot, can hold the pressure, and shoots quite far.

Battery powered guns haven't been done too well except for the recent Scorpion. But the Scorpion is fairly large and very heavy.

Check out the iSoaker.com reviews for more details on pretty much any guns in existence. Look under the Armoury listings for air pressure guns, probably somewhere in the years 2004, 2005, or 2006. Super Soaker Max-D blasters are also very nice, especially the smaller ones--the Max-D 5000 and down. We generally talk about and fighter with larger water guns, though.

Storm pistols are also nice, but often harder to find in large stores. You might be able to find the Buzz Bee pistols at someplace like K-mart or Amazon.com, but eBay should have some.

EDIT: Found a current sale on eBay, and there were a few Storm guns but I don't know how good they were. Mind the shipping on this, though.
Max-D 2000
Last edited by Silence on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 pm

For almost those same purposes, we have a Super Soaker Vaporizer kicking around the back door. It's a decent piston type soaker with quite a large capacity.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups