Recent additions to your armoury

General water gun discussion.
Spinner

Recent additions to your armoury

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:40 am

After seeing the similar thread at the iScF, it struck me that such a thread might prove successful here as well.

So, what soaker(s) have recently been added to your stash? Are you pleased with it, and was it a good deal?

Recently, I received a CPS 1700 and an XP 150 mk.1, both in used condition. I'm pretty happy with both of them. I also tested out a load of Storm guns I bought last year, but hadn't opened.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:24 pm

I recently added a CPS 3200, XP 110, and a few items from freecycle to my armoury.

I have used XP 110s in the past so I knew what to expect of that one.

I was impressed with the CPS 3200, but it seemed to me that the 20x setting was a bit short ranged, so I tend to favour lower settings. I can't complain about the capacity though.

With regards to the freecycle soakers, I was very pleased with the SS 30's output and range. The other soakers are in pieces being repaired, so I can't be certain about performance.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:47 pm

Nice additions. Mind my asking where your CPS 3200 came from, unless you'd rather not disclose it?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:32 am

I just recently added a CPS 2000 mk1 (tear in PC) to my arsenal on easter monday of 2006, 10 years after it was made... Another recent addition was my Max Infusion Flash Flood
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:56 pm

I have an xp 310 and its a good medium size gun and i wan't to add some bigger guns to my "armoury" but it seems quality is so hard to find these days.

Any ideas?

blub man

big guns

Post by blub man » Wed May 10, 2006 7:29 pm

I would always go for a storm for big weapons, like the monsoon or the typhoon fc 2 (a personal favourite). Theyre good quality aswell. The only problem is theyre getting hard to find nowadays.

blub man :)

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat May 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Today I got an SS Max Infusion Defender. It's a really good small air pressure blaster for its size, which is quite small. The grip is also really nifty and comfortable and it has a separate pressure chamber.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 3:47 am

Note: the following text is (slightly) off topic

@ Monsoon: Based more on your brief review here than on the iSoaker.com review, I'd say the Defender is just a clone of the Argon (which is what I have). It's small, uses PreCharging, and has decent performance for its size. However, how large is the water compartment in the PC and the stream?

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 14, 2006 4:08 am

The Defender doesn't use a Precharge system though, although you could make a similar effect by pumping the pc with air before filling the tank. I've never seen the point of guns that rely on precharging though, or the point of precharging itself, but that's straying off into some other tangent.

The pc is not very large, but the gun does well for being that compact. Then again I am not an expert with small arms, since I have but one, so all 1x streams seem the same to me.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 4:50 am

I could swear the iSoaker.com Review said that the Defender used a PreCharging-type system for pressurization...I'll have to check it again. If it doesn't say that, then I will have been deluded indeed.

I'm surprised all the pro-PCg points in the PCgH thread would have convinced anybody, but I guess not. I concede they have too small PC water compartment capacities, and most of all, many of the PCgH advantages are still inferior to those of CPHs. However, PCgHs are still more flexible, and you can configure one to go up to 200 PSI if you really wanted and if you used a dual-stage pump like joannaardway will.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat May 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Today, actually just an hour ago, I got a Max Infusion Flash Flood. I love it. It brings me back old memories of my CPS 2100 before I misplaced its trigger in modding it. The riot blast is fulfilling for me, since it has longer range than my XP 310 'shotgun' and the normal stream has almost no dropoff. I hope next year they introduce a new CPS blaster (either a backpack one or just a regular one).
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

lymph

Post by lymph » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:23 pm

Please, to any one out there, could anyone tell me if there are any borderline-dangerous super soakers in the market currently? I need something that either shoots a really powerful stream of water or holds a lot of water and shoots a really powerful stream of water. Something comparable to my CPS 2700 that I can find new at a store. :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:27 pm

First of all, no soaker is dangerous unless you decide to point-blank somebody in the eye or in a pressure point. Second, no soaker of any power is currently in the market. It sure sounds like you need an APH, as it is incredibly powerful and, with a backpack, it can hold a ton of water.

00chapin00

Post by 00chapin00 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:19 am

Just to get back on topic. I recently added a Max Infusion Flash Flood
($25.00), two sidearms (double barrel and accurate and powerful other one) ($3.00 for both), and a gremlin($7.00). Also I didn't recently get it but I recently did find two Max-D 4000s. I think I got good deals. Either the same or a little less than asking price.

I also just bought a Max Infusion Overload. I payed $30.00 for it.
Last edited by 00chapin00 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flashflood

got 2 new guns

Post by Flashflood » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:24 pm

EDIT by SilentGuy: This post and the next were originally in the thread, "got 2 new guns."

waterbolt & thunderhead by Water Weapons. The guns have rapid fire
if you want a gun with rapid fire get this one but if you don't need it, unlike me don't get it. Its not powerful enough. And not very reliable thats why its not my maingun and only one out of my everincreasing arsenal. :)
Last edited by Silence on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.