Any Flash Flood Mods out?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Streamwave325

Any Flash Flood Mods out?

Post by Streamwave325 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:05 am

I'm looking for any Flash Flood mod. I just got the new Max Infusion Flash Flood and the Aquapack for it. Any suggestions for range?
-:Streamwave:-

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:22 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central, but this is my third identical reply in two days! Please refer to the thread entitled, "please help a noob." I also linked to the thread in another similar thread, and I'm closing this one in a while (I'll give you some time to ask some more specific questions and to let others respond).

In other words, check out this compilation of various modifications--it's stickied and is currently at the top of the Modifications subforum page.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:05 pm

For a Flash Flood I would try PC expansion (detailed on SoakerMedia), Colossus, a multi-nozzle modification, and possibly a check valve freeze. All those modification with exception to the one I linked to are on our website. ;)

I'm thinking that at this point, we have to make it explicitly obvious which modifications can be done on certain water guns. These requests are becoming all too common. A new website needs to be made to address these questions, and luckily I have began real work on it.

In addition to the compilation thread, I'll work on a new thread that lists suggested modifications for many popular water guns. There will be a lot of overlap between many guns, so it should be fairly easy to write.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:48 am

I just helped mod a flash flood. All I did was a 3 layer colossus (the limit without a CVF I believe), and a nozzle screen removal. It now looks, and feels more powerful.
Next we're planning on laminating the FF stream, and CVF'ing it. We are also hoping to remove our currently colossused PC, and replace that with LRT, hopefully the sizes that Ben reccomended to replace a CPS 2000's bladder (5234K56 and 5234K62 on mcmaster-carr) in the thread CPS 2000 Bladder split, help please!. We will colossus that, and give the new PC room to expand with a pc walls removal.
The owner of the FF says he wants it to be so powerful it's illegal, I doubt that, but it should be darn powerful.

Streamwave325

Post by Streamwave325 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:02 am

Uhh Hey, im new to this modding thing. sorry i have to add that :/
-:Streamwave:-

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:12 am

Sorry about that, here are some links:
CVF: Click me
Colossus: Just keep clickin'
LRT: Click
Laminate the stream: Last link
Hope that helped!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:11 am

These questions are too common. I am only grateful for something that helps cut them down.

With regards to the multi nozzle mod article, what format do you need the final write-up in for the new site?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 pm

With regards to the multi nozzle mod article, what format do you need the final write-up in for the new site?
I'm not quite sure what you mean. My plan is to rewrite most if not all of the website, so I would appreciate any help you can offer. The format of each article should be whatever works best I suppose (admittedly, before I just wrote an outline and used it as a checklist). Perhaps a consistent actual format we follow on each article would be appreciated... hmm. Is that what you were implying?

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:39 pm

I'm willing to help with articles for the main site...and I've already got a list including the two-stroke pump (very important to do, as it isn't just a specific soaker), the multi-stage pump (also important due to its complexity), and maybe some homemade articles such as the PCgH, my compact APH, and the SPC system. Of course, the last three soaker articles are all tentative and low-priority, though the PCgH could become a good introduction to PreCharging and the compact APH one to two-stroke pumps.

This post and the last should probably be in the "Threads vs. Articles" thread under the Feedback subforum...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:00 am

Perhaps this task should be split up in the Mods forum - I'm willing to help.

My question I suppose was: Do you want me to provide it in a basic text and image format for you to convert to web language, or would you rather I wrote it up into web language.

Of course, for that I'd need to know layouts.

As a semi-aside: Mods like my CPS 3200 backpack/hose fitting upgrade/ 3xA hose fitting mod are soaker specific. Should these be kept seperate on the main site?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston