Twenty-O-Five

General water gun discussion.
Soakologist

Twenty-O-Five

Post by Soakologist » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:09 am

My thoughts on the Water Guns this year:

The return of CPS technology to the mainstream market will change the dynamic of Super Soaker fights. The last two years of soaker productions are baby toys compared to this year's lineup, and it appears that Super Soaker is finally taking its older crowd seriously with the addition of Bigger guns and an "Elite" tag onto its brand. Having already used a Triple Shot, I can confidently say it is the best pistol I have ever used. Ever. The Devestator, IMHO, is the best backpack gun short of the Power Pak. It seems that Super Soaker has shifted from the incredibly powerful-yet-not-so-mobile cannon-like guns (e.g. CPS 2700, 4100) to more manageable-yet-still-potent rifle-like guns (Devestator, Flash Flood).

In addition to advances in Super Soaker's lineup, Water Warriors is furthering their competitive edge, now offering a quick pump system which appears promising for the trailing edges of squads and for Soaker Tag wipeouts. They also increase their market share by offering another Backpack gun.

Though WW is still the superior choice this year, Super Soaker maintains the market edge with their brilliant SoakerTag idea, which changed water wars forever last year by making it easy to determine scores. I was impressed with it last year, and Super Soaker's salvaged reputation, due to the CPS return, has only further increased my confidence in this little invention.

The 2005 lineups really impress me. They are the best looking lineups in terms of versatility and ingenuity since 1999, when the Super Charger was introduced. I am looking forward to soaking my opponents this year more than ever before!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:59 am

Hmm, nice article. Good to see more positive talk about the 2005 guns. This is all making me consider buying a Triple Shot.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:03 am

I'll be getting a Triple shot next week (and a flash flood, replacements for the re-called monster rocket) But I don't know if you'll be able to get one in England, apparantely they haven't been officially released over here. I had difficulty getting one as a replacement.

I bought my monster rocket for £4.12 in sales last year, so now I'm getting a Flash Flood and a Triple Shot for the same amount (another great deal for me&#33 ;) :P
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:06 pm

I think I should get a Triple Shot again (even though when I got one before it was faulty) as from what I have seen it looks and performs great for its size. I will have to consider it again.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:07 pm

How do you get all the great deals? 1200 for £1, Monster Rocket for £4.12, Flash Flood and Triple Shot for £2.06 each? Where do you shop?
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:10 pm

It must be some special place. But yeah, how do you get all these for such low prices?

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:48 pm

Originally posted by Dark Elite@Apr 2 2005, 09:07 AM
How do you get all the great deals? 1200 for £1, Monster Rocket for £4.12, Flash Flood and Triple Shot for £2.06 each? Where do you shop?
[snapback]23431[/snapback]

He was simply saying that he bought his Monster Rocket for a low price, but is refunding it for the full price, thus getting two soakers for less than he could have otherwise. Extremely clever, and a great way to increase one's arsenal.

On Topic: A great article. This year is definently proving to be a turning point in the way water warfre will work.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:51 pm

Originally posted by Dark Elite@Apr 2 2005, 02:07 PM
[snapback]23431[/snapback]

He got the CPS 1200 at a car boot sale. The FF and 3S prices are calculated on the cost of the Monster Rocket he bought (on special offer I think) for £4.12, as wetmonkey442 explained.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.