Massive yearly water fight!

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
wizzard400

Massive yearly water fight!

Post by wizzard400 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:07 am

I've been going to this water fight for the past 3 years or so years now and mate i'll tell it is one of the best water fights from down under. Its known as the Lonny Waterfight because it happens at Pt Londsdale and it ranges from almost more than 40 people+. My Squad and I have wrecked havoc at this waterfight and we've found that the best ways to stay in is to either use very acurate soakers or just be kamakaze and just spray everyone using say a Flash Flood. I did mention that it is a yearly waterfight because after the Pt Londsdale surf lifesaving presentation night...it begins. I will admit there are alot of water bombs but i find that a soaker works better. Another good feature about this waterfight is that right next to the battle field is a lake not a very big one but it has enought water in it 2 fill up soakers with. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about this waterfight ;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:15 pm

If the battlefield is shaped well, you can get some boats and fight over water, but of course, it doesn't have to be the entire battle. What types of games do you guys play? (soakfest or 1HK, CTF, etc.) Also, just to be safe (for both players and blasters), try to ensure the water's clean enough, enough so that it isn't discolored, opaqueish, or anything. (though it really doesn't have to be tap water) Any plans to expand your armory to cover modded soakers and homemades?

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:25 am

Any old water is fine, and if it was really bad (ie with tons of pollution in it), then you've already got some other major problems there.

But the question about the game types is what I wanted to ask. Also, how large are the squads? How many are there? Nice to know there's a nice war though, and I'm kinda interested in pictures, if possible.

CAPTAIN Nate

$$$$$$$$

Post by CAPTAIN Nate » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:51 pm

@wizzard400: I would like to say good luck and that I envy you for living in Australia. I've always wanted to go there. :)

wizzard400

Post by wizzard400 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:42 am

the water is perfectly fine but in the middle of the lake is a island which is used most of the time as a hide due to all the shrubs. Considering how many people go I would assume that there would be at least 10 people or more to a squad. Most people who bring soakers are usally home made or what i have seen reguarly are cps 2500. This year i will take some photos and share them with you on this thread :)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Post #2

@ CAPTAIN nate

thanks! everyone has always asked me what Australia is like and I just want clear up a few things before people start asking questions.

yes we do have e-mail in Australia
no I do not ride a kangaroo to school
yes I do own a boomerang
no Australia is not all desert (we have cities just like every country!)
and yes i do play aussie rules (which in Australia we call AFL or football (we call football, soccer))

I will also answer any questions you have about Australia as well as the water fight i go to every year.

EDIT: Please don't double post, unless it's an important update after a long period of time. Thanks! You can always add information by editing.
Last edited by Silence on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double-post

wizzard400

Post by wizzard400 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:51 am

@ CAPTAIN nate

thanks! everyone has always asked me what Australia is like and I just want clear up a few things before people start asking questions.

yes we do have e-mail in Australia
no I do not ride a kangaroo to school
yes I do own a boomerang
no Australia is not all desert (we have cities just like every country!)
and yes i do play aussie rules (which in Australia we call AFL or football (we call football, soccer))

I will also answer any questions you have about Australia as well as the water fight i go to every year.