What are the gadgets you use on the battlefield

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
sogoie

What are the gadgets you use on the battlefield

Post by sogoie » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:50 pm

I was thinking of gadgets by "spy gear" - or at least something similar.

Joannaardway: Post rewritten to improve topic quality.
Last edited by joannaardway on Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:28 pm

Wait a minute...are you tring to spam? Have you read the rules? Anyway...how can you use spygear gadgets? They aren't waterproof! :confused:
-Same goes for your other topic. Why did you double post a topic?
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:02 pm

I have sent a PM to this member discussing what he needs to do. His extra threads are moved to our "deleted" forum. He is on read-only at the moment. He ask been asked kindly to follow our rules and TOS. He also has been told that if he does not agree with our rules, he is welcome to leave.

Thank you all for not dragging this spam out further! Good way to handle a bad situation.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:00 pm

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:S ... 4-spam.JPG

Anyway, if you meant the toys called "spy gear" my little brother got some and tried using them in a water war, they broke within 5 minutes. If by spy gear you meant something that can be used to spy on the enemy, setting up walkie-talkies taped on transmit will allow you to listen in, and I'm working on a remote control helicopter which will have a remote camera uplink to a water proof panasonic thoughbook laptop, although that is more for paintball.

Ben, I assumed that since this thread was not closed it was ok to answer the question asked...

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:20 am

He probably tried to evade the seventy-five-character word limit.

Nice "spam" banner, MilkMan!

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:28 am

Oh, yes you're probably right. I just checked what happens when you try and post below 75 and it says "Please lengthen your message to at least 75 characters." I don't think it's needed to say, "Please lengthen your message to at least 75 characters. Anything added will be included in your post." but maybe our members could use a little more common sense! :mad:

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:19 pm

sogoie wrote:i was thinking of gadgets by "spy gear"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ummmmmm.. Spam?

As for gadgets in wars. I don't use any. I just use myself, my guns, and a few balloons perhaps.

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:34 pm

Elliott wrote:Ummmmmm.. Spam?

As for gadgets in wars. I don't use any. I just use myself, my guns, and a few balloons perhaps.
Same here, except I just use my guns, nothing else, unless you count a QFD gear. :D
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat May 21, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

powersurge919

Believe it or not... ready or not here i come. to soak u

Post by powersurge919 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:18 am

As for me I usualy use home made warheads
called water bottle rockets and gopeds with
baskets full of water balloons and terrorize my foes.
Mwahahahaha.....

P.S I still dont get this image posting thing :p

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:18 am

Hannibal wrote:Same here, except I just use my guns, nothing else, unless you count a QFD gear. :D
QFD's are legendary base defence weapons =)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:20 pm

I've got this idea to get some kind of a sprinkler that oscellates (or maybe two) and set it up as a base defense, so that it is practically impossiblee to get past. However it'll have a radio control electric switch, so my team can turn it off when they need to return. Does that count as a gadget?

In addition, I'm going to go and get a full face mask to try and avoid the annoyance of being shot in the face by unscrupulous opponents.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:48 pm

You don't need a full face mask, you just need eye cover. I would do what my friend does and wear snow goggles. They work great from what he told me and they look cool too.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:08 pm

Well, a blast in the face is unpleasant and can disrupt breathing. A full-face mask prevents any hits to the face, and a full-face mask won't fog or bruise.

Oh, if i can find them, I use walkie-talkies when I'm teamed with others.

And I've got these weird things that are a bit like walkie talkies, except they're attached by a wire, so they can't move far apart, but opponent's have been sly enough to listen in on radio transmissons in the past and these are completely untappable.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:32 pm

L0L, snow goggles won't fog up. They have breathing holes and stuff all over. And yeah, getting shot in the mouth isn't pleasant, but it isn't like mouth shots with 10x + nozzles are going to be all too common, so why not just get snow goggles? That, and a full face mask would just be an annoyance.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:05 pm

I think some people might know it as a full face shield - one of the things that sits on your head and you get a clear plastic shield over your face.

I've used them in the past, when I borrowed one from a fellow enthusiast for a large water war, and I didn't find it annoying...

It all comes down to personal preference I suppose - however as a face shield is not really a gagdet, it would seem that I'm driving this slightly off-topic.

EDIT: What do the snow goggles cost? Give it in what ever currency you deal in.