Base in the open?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:04 pm

I will be going to a big water fight and need help deciding what kind of base to use.

It is in a large open area with no cover, there is a hill which I could use though.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:21 pm

How many people will be in your team? How heavy will your team weaponry be?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:29 pm

I will probably have anywhere from 4-8 people on my team, they all carry light weapons, I'm the only one who is a hard-core soaker.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Ok, I would suggest using a tent or empty swimming pool as a portable base, but if that's not so much of an issue, why not use so boxes covered in something waterproof (tarp all the way down to clingfilm will all work). If you can be bothered to carry up heavier stuff then do. However with a fairly large team like yours, you could use a portable base (really portable) by getting some large tupperware lids (or similar) and give one to each man, that way you could always move and reform around new positions if you need to. This would be good because as your using light weapons you could carry them without too many problems.

If you do use the portable base method then hide caches whenever you can, so you can get your men to form the "base" around them.

Post 300!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:52 pm

I think I will just use a tent to store ammo and supplies. Most of my team will be out fighting, so I will probably just post 1 guard.

thanks for the help