Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

View Poll Results: Which is your best choice for 2005?
Aquapak Devastator 12 27.27%
Flash Flood 10 22.73%
Arctic Shock 1 2.27%
Liquidator 2 4.55%
Vaporizer 0 0%
Wookiee Water Blaster 0 0%
Triple Shot 2 4.55%
Aqua-Pak 5 11.36%
Blazer 4 9.09%
Lightning/Piranha 0 0%
Firefly/Yellow Jacket 0 0%
I'm not going to buy one, homemades are cooler 5 11.36%
None 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #61
Hunt_and_Annoy
Back from the dead.

UserID: 345

Does anybody know how to get the thing that houses the CPS firing chamber apart on the FF?

Also, my brother got a triple shot and it SUCKS! The water tank only has 17 oz, the nozzle changer leaked ( got that fixed). On the other hand it takes very few pumps to charge it (small PC). I guess it would make an ok scout weapon, but you shall be more than slightly wet :blink: if you go to a large battle with it. I would recommend 2 liquidators instead.

EDIT: also, you should have the option of modded soakers in the poll
Hunt_and_Annoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:44 PM   #62
Elliott

UserID: 351

you have persuaded me. I shall have a go at collosus modding my AquaPak...

wish me luck.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #63
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Please take pictures as you do so! Try to document your modification to help others who will be trying this modification after you. If you can work out some problems and provide pictures, everyone wins.

Anyway, good luck with the modification! B)

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #64
Hunt_and_Annoy
Back from the dead.

UserID: 345

Right. Thanks Doom, I'll remember to do that next time I modify a gun. I'll send you 7 megapixel images so even DSL will be slow :P
Hunt_and_Annoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:19 AM   #65
Elliott

UserID: 351

ok do that I shall. I'm going to be taking pics of my AquaPak in the next few days.
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #66
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Quote:
Originally posted by hunter@Feb 19 2005, 12:48 AM
Right. Thanks Doom, I'll remember to do that next time I modify a gun. I'll send you 7 megapixel images so even DSL will be slow :P
[right][snapback]22477[/snapback][/right]
Size ain't a problem because everyone on the SSCentral staff has some sort of high-speed connection! I don't mind waiting a while for an email to download either. My friend just recently sent me a very large (I believe 15 meg) video and I was complaining about how short he made it! Why do you think I said send images as large as possible on the submissions page?

Also, I would take larger images even if I had a slower connection. Larger images always are better to work with, especially to crop and resize. I stored all of my source images in a folder on my other computer.

Small suggestion to all new members: Use capitalization if you use it at all! It's just plain annoying to read a post without one word capitalized while another word is capitalized.

Quote:
Does anybody know how to get the thing that houses the CPS firing chamber apart on the FF?

I'd imagine you'd have to cut it open with a saw, like other similar chambers were opened. Read that article in Tech Articles about problems while opening water guns for more information. And please, follow the directions carefully! You don't want to accidentally cut your PC.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #67
yeahyeah

UserID: 262

I saw the buzz bee toys gremlin today at Toys 'R' Us. It looks so much like a vaporizer it almost makes you wonder :blink: There was another buzz bee gun right next to it that looked just like the gremlin but red. Btw the gremlin is green.