Recent Events And Reactions

General water gun discussion.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:59 pm

April 9th, 2000.
I've been a member within the Super Soaker online community since then, when AQT's Yahoo Club was just blooming. I was a Co-Founder of the biggest Soaker Club. I'm now a moderator in the largest club.
Never... NEVER in my posting life have I ever had to deal with posting like this...
But this has gone on long enough... It is time for action - it seems that the founders haven't quite as been as moderating as they should have been. We can't just tell everyone to smarten up and push it off again...
As for me, I'd like to take a Break too! I just got a new job at a firm, started school, and I don't appreciate logging onto the forums to find... This Garbage! But... I'm the not founder...

--------------------------------------------------

Blaze:
You are arrogant, anti-SSCentral, conflicting with the club ideals, and obviously on everyones bad side... There used to be a time you were a valued member to this club, like everyone else. Now with your recent performance, added to your record of the last few months... Remember that there is many more points to Soakers than just the CPS 4100 - it seems you value just the one - where does knowlege of the gun's characteristsics work into your Tactics?
You dissappoint us. And as such, you will be barred from this club until you've learned your lesson through time. You are hereby banished from SSCentral for the season and off-season; a tentative re-entrance date is set for March Seventh, 2005. Any attempts to rejoin the club before then will only make the situation worse. If you are an improved person come March Seventh, you will be allowed to rejoin.

Hyper:
You've been a good asset at times for the Club... But you've also been a firestarter... You must have known that pissing on Blaze would only provoke him.
While you have been a good poster since last June, you can't just keep provoking people. You will also be punished. The terms of your punishment will include:
Booting from the Club. You may rejoin under a different Alias. You will also be removed from the Moderating and given a 1 month probation term on your new name. Aside from this, please note that you're getting off easy this time, you do it again, and you won't be as lucky.

Drewsky92 and Yeahyeah:
You two have also been valued members for a while, but your comments and reactions were not only uncalled for but were also overkill. Yeahyeah will be banned for six months and Drewsky for six months, seeing as he had already been punished so. You two will also be put on probation until further notice.

I hope that you find our punishments fair and Justified...
If not, please keep in mind that whatever the Founders did what they did in the best interests of Peace on SSC...
That's all have to say...
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:26 pm

I feel your pain, Doom and Freakymist are doing everything they can. They employed me as a moderator as well. I have a "0 Tolerance Policy" for my section of the forums. I have 2 members almost ready for a 2 day R/O. Ill leave this topic open.

edit- Hey, that's funny. he has spammed again (not you soakologist). Someone is getting a R/O for 2 days tomorrow (again not you) to clear their act up. You know who you are who I am talking to. Ah ok I read it inf ull detail. You did the right thing IMO

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:57 pm

Drewsky's and Yeahyeah's punishments have been revised in accordance to the Wishes of Doom.

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:31 am

your really not one to talk, seeing as what you did at aquatica.

**bleep!** ring a bell?

**heh, you do not get my 0 tolerance policy. This is flaming and will be dealt with accordingly. Since your WL is already up, img iving you a week ban to clear up your head.

-Jade/Ice

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:42 am

That was over three years ago... I was twelve years old, what do you expect when someone frames you?

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:10 pm

ooookay... looks like I'm going to have to toe the line a bit more... you moderators are getting more powerful by the second...

A bit harsh, Soakologist, but probably the right thing to do to keep these forums a good community.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:48 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist@Aug 4 2004, 01:59 PM
April 9th, 2000.
I've been a member within the Super Soaker online community since then, when AQT's Yahoo Club was just blooming. I was a Co-Founder of the biggest Soaker Club. I'm now a moderator in the largest club.
Never... NEVER in my posting life have I ever had to deal with posting like this...
But this has gone on long enough... It is time for action - it seems that the founders haven't quite as been as moderating as they should have been. We can't just tell everyone to smarten up and push it off again...
Look again DE. We can't just let this stuff go on anymore.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:07 pm

Originally posted by Dark Elite@Aug 5 2004, 07:10 AM
you moderators are getting more powerful by the second...

I hope you use the term lightly. Since all the spam has stopped were enforcing the rules with an iron fist. Im glad your choosing to contribute to the community ^_^

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:49 pm

Hyper and Blaze are supposedly planning to launch a spam attack, so the worst is yet to come.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:26 am

Not likely, the two don't get along very well. In fact blaze hates Hyper. Hyper hate's blaze too. It's mutual hate, the best kind.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:42 am

I didn't mean a joint spam attack, I meant that they're both going to spam the boards... separately.

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:21 am

spam attacks are so retarded, they all get deleated after like 5 minutes and the people get banned. It lasts a total of like 5 minutes and most people Don't notice.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:47 pm

That's why we discourage people to do them, not for just our sake, but for their's too. :-p

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:24 pm

Smart Stuff (I think),

Although I know I've not been the best of people, I guess this is really fair...

I do see a ton of spam here and a ton of newbies not reading the newest topic and posting the same one and causing the moderators to do unecessary extra work. I sort of understand.

I guess this is "judgement day" or as my friennd would say, time to take out the trash. <_<
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:25 am

what people Don't seem to understand is there are no moderators without members.