newbie saying Hi

General water gun discussion.
fugarwe1

newbie saying Hi

Post by fugarwe1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:24 pm

I was intrigued when I found this forum while researching weapons for a newly started "war" in my neighborhood.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! Feel free to roam around and post as you like. :)

What sort of "weapons" were you looking at for your neighborhood war?

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:41 pm

Welcome aboard!

What type of water war were you thinking of having? Different water guns could suit your water war.

fugarwe1

Weapons and Gamesmanship

Post by fugarwe1 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:30 pm

I stopped at K Mart on Kent Island, MD and found Orcas on sale ($15). Got 2 and some water balloons. My neighbor's son Chris decided "war" was justified. I ordered a balloon slingshot (should be here when I get home from work) and so did my other neighbor (he and Chris are the "enemy"). Been thinking of some rules i.e. Capture the Flag; maybe some stick on dots that run when wet? Any suggestions are welcome. Long live "real" outdoor "off line" war!!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:29 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Sounds nice. For counting hits, most people here go by honor, typically with a one hit kill system. (there is some difficulty with this but many of us prefer it over using targets) For most people, they go by a fist sized hit counting as out, though you can go by anything that's noticeable. (in that case, a droplet on the back wouldn't be counted but the same droplet on the face would, and overall, this can cause problems, so maybe something like 3-5 droplets at least would work better)

If they're just kids and you're worried about them following rules, then a plain soakfest can work too. What I used to do is a simple no-rules CTF, it was all up to whoever found the flag first. (while running through everyone who's shooting at them)

Other guns you can look into are the Flash Flood or Arctic Blast. (the AB might last longer since the FF's triggers broke extremely easily, but we're not sure yet) For small guns, any Max-D and nearly anything from Buzz Bee Toys should be good (the Tiger Shark is also popular and I like it's design better than the Orca's, dispite the fact that it's smaller and holds less water), just avoid poorly designed guns like the Sneak Attack, Secret Strike, etc.

How many people do you think the games would get to? Would anyone prefer having a pistol/sidearm? (I often handle several guns at once, though I've recently been switching to the conventional rifle-pistol configuration, strapping on my CPS 1000 or 1200 and my Max-D 3000 in my pocket)

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:27 am

Welcome to SSC and all of Soakerdom. May your stay be long and happy :p .

I would personaly suggest having objectives such as having to soak a piece of paper that is a "time bomb" in a certain amount of time. In my wars we use the "fist sized blast" method of getting kills. When a person shoots an enemy and a splotch of water proportionate to a fist gets on their shirt. Then they are dead for 1 min(the time varies).

I also suggest having an objective be to "shoot the flag" instead of "capture the flag".