My old water gun.

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
TeddyTit

Post by TeddyTit » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:03 am

Well, I'm in high school now, and I was hit hard with nostalgia when I saw a group of kids having a water gun fight in my town. My 2000 broke a couple of years ago, and since I have no way to alleviate the pressure, the pressure is still in the gun to this day. I was wondering how I can fix a broken trigger, and would it be possible to even use the gun after letting loose the stagnant water? The gun is pretty banged up externally though. Lots of cracks, broken trigger guard, but I'm pretty confident it's internally intact and ready to fire if I mount a new trigger. Any help in doing this will be appreciated.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:33 am

Try this article. I think this is how your trigger broke. I have found another method using epoxy putty. The one in the link is the best way to do it though.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

TeddyTit

Post by TeddyTit » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:45 am

The trigger is completely gone, and I didn't have the sense back then to save it. I'm completely new to this, so how should I do this?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:57 pm

If the trigger is completely gone then you would somehow have to make a new trigger or firing mechanism. The internals should look something like this, but these are the CPS 2500 internals, so it may not be completely the same (they are very similar though).

Notice the trigger valve near the nozzle. The trigger is tracked on the pump and is connected to the trigger valve by a metal rod. What you need to create is a new trigger of some sort and is connected to the metal rod. If you lost the entire trigger, you may have also lost the trigger spring, so you may need to buy a new string at a local hardware store.

You could probably make a trigger using some wood. Some people have had success using a sheet of plastic and making a trigger out of it.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:14 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! I hope you can fix your water gun.

Drenchenator's got the basic repair right. Just remember to be creative and try all possibly solutions because they might work.

The pressure chamber has probably been weakened from the years of pressure - you might want to try a Collosus modification.

Lose the pressure with this "repair": http://www.sscentral.org/tech/repairs/tpp.php

It could be hard to do, but it will prevent further damage.