looking to buy super soaker

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
rbear

looking to buy super soaker

Post by rbear » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:11 pm

looking to buy a super soaker to use on my boat, looking for something that can draw from the lake or from my boat water supply that does not require a compressor

martianshark

Re: looking to buy super soaker

Post by martianshark » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Get a Stream Machine. That's what most people use for boats and stuff. But if you want even more power, buy a water gun and modify it so that the intake tube goes down into the lake instead of the reservoir.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

If you use an intake tube, you better have a purifier (spelling, sorry). Especially if you're using anything CPS or rubber tubing.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Yeah, you'll want an intake screen. I'd also advise not filling a valuable, no-longer-made blaster with river water.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 pm

If you really need some extra waterpower (but don't want to use compressors, etc.) it may be possible to improvise a turret sort of gun. There are one or two improvised foot pumps to pump water which draw the water into an air pressure or CPH chamber and the turret can be fired in any way you need it to.

Making regular pumps is already difficult enough though, so I don't know how likely it is to be able to have a foot pump work on water.

The easiest water gun to do by far is to remove the reservoir of a good water blaster and have a tube hooked up to it instead. It may be tricky to get a non-permanent seal though, and as mentioned above you'll need screens to keep out foreign material.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:26 pm

It should be borne in mind that if you don't mind risking damage, a blaster can be filled very quickly by simply dunking it in the river.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Go here for a river cannon, this guy used a 6.5 hp pump to get amazing results.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.