CPS 1500 Marks

General water gun discussion.
Drenchenator

CPS 1500 Marks

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:11 pm

I recently updated the Marks Guide with more information provided by sbell25, and I also added an index to it. It's bursting with information in most places, yet one in particular is lacking where I think it shouldn't--the CPS 1500. I got that information from Aqua-Nexus, but was unable to find much else on the subject. Anyone else got something about it? Noticed any real differences between the CPS 1500s you have? I have two full rows without any additional information in them!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

C-A_99

Re: CPS 1500 Marks

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Slight issue on the CPS 2000 mk II info, the PC is not smaller, it just doesn't stretch as far as the mk I's.

Did iSoaker have any info on the 1500 mk's in that sticky post he made a while ago?

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:02 pm

I have 3 CPS 1500's so I will go and check later. All I can say without looking is that all the ones I have pump caps can all be screwed off easily. Two of them have stickers on the right hand side, and all of them have very good performance.

I'll see if I can find out more later, earliest will be tomorrow, as it is dark now. Anyway, its about time my 1500's had their checkup to keep them in good working order.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:08 pm

I have 5 1500s in the Arsenal Room that I can check. However, I can't do anything until the next time I visit home.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:48 pm

@Aqua Flash and DX: Thanks for offering. I'll guess I'll see what you both got at a later time.

@C-A_99: Yeah, you're right--the PC is technically just longer and therefore less expansive. I'll fix it soon.

iSoaker's topic told very little: in fact, it said that there were only up to 3 versions; Aqua-Nexus said four. This is where my confusion comes from. There was just so little detail on some guns.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:55 pm

I have two 1500's, one with stickers on the left, and one with stickers on the right. Both can do air shots, and both have a screw-off pump cap. Performance is around the same. I haven't noticed any other differences.

One suggestion: in the guide, I don't think "valve does not allow air shots" should count as a feature of a mark. I'd say that's more of a problem with old age or a manufacturing defect, and could happen to any mark. I've noticed that one of my soakers (I think it was an SC 500) over time no longer allows air shots like it used to.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:21 pm

One suggestion: in the guide, I don't think "valve does not allow air shots" should count as a feature of a mark.
I was just going off what MaXStaR said at Aqua-Nexus. I didn't really think too much about it sadly.

Three things seem to differentiate the marks: the pump cap, sticker placement, and--at least according to iSoaker--the pump handle. Sticker placement is the most visible change I guess. I'm starting to doubt that there are 4 marks; it just seems there are not too many differences between the guns. But I do have to wonder--what sticker placement did the original '98 release have? The back of the box has a picture of the gun with right-side stickers, so maybe the right-sided version was the original? I don't know; that's why I'm asking.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:39 pm

I always thought that it was most common to have the stickers on the left side of the blaster. At least, that's how it's been on most of my guns.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 am

The stickers are not always a reliable indicator of mark. I've seen a mk2 CPS 2100 with the sticker on the left side and a mk3 2100 with the sticker on the right.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Ok, I tested mine, and I got the following, not sure if it will be of any help but hopefully it will be.

Right, I've labelled the three of them and will now go through what I noticed on each one. Please note all these CPS 1500's have been owned by me from the start and have been treated with care so they are like new, and perfectly healthy. Also, please don't assume that each one is a different mark, I've just numbered them to make it simple to follow the details I found, and not for each of the being a different mark as it is still not fully clear to determine yet.

CPS 1500 [1]

Stickers on left hand side. Pump cap screws off easily. Box colour is the dark blue theme which may suggest an early version, but I wouldn't want to fully confirm this as it may not make a difference. The pump on this one also has a small piece that is loose and rolls up and down it.

CPS 1500 [2]

Stickers on right hand side. Pump cap screws off easily. Pump has no pieces on it. When fully pumped the trigger is harder to pull (has been like this even since it was first opened). Pumping it also feels a slight bit harder and more resistant. Also came in a dark blue themed box.

CPS 1500 [3]

Stickers on the right hand side. Pump cap screws off easily. Pump has no pieces on it. Trigger is normal to pull like on CPS 1500 [1]. The 10x nozzle on this one however has the tendency to shoot to the left slightly sometimes. Comes in a yellow coloured themed box.

They all perform pretty much the same with great power, some might outdo others by a bit, but the difference is so small you can't really tell. They were all consistent. The first two also came in German boxes and the third one is a UK one. However from country to country again I don't really think it is fully right to assume that counts as well, as Super Soakers back then were distributed all over the place, which means more information should be gathered on that first personally.

Well, that's all I can get really, I hope this has helped you.
Last edited by Aqua_Flash on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Wow, that's a rather meaty post, Aqua_Flash! :cool:

The CPS 1700 could also be a missing part of the puzzle. Aside from the color, label, and box differences, its marks (if there are multiple) may be similar to one of the CPS 1500's latest marks.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 am

Good job, Aqua Flash! The slider on the pump is interesting; I don't know what to make of it. It's strange that we haven't found a 1500 with a glued-on pump cap yet though. The CPS 1700 could also come into play too (it is sorta like a "final" CPS 1500, only recolored.). I guess we now have to decide which gun was the original and go from there.