Broken CPS 2000 MK1

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
zz0theta

Broken CPS 2000 MK1

Post by zz0theta » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

If I were to put a broken CPS 2000 Mk1 onto ebay, I would like to know A. How many of you would bid on it. and B. What price could it go for?

I'm very sure that if you open up the gun you may be able to repair it. For me, I do not have the time or effort to repair this gun.

Thanks in advance.

sbell25

Re: Broken CPS 2000 MK1

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:26 am

I'd say that before anyone can give a good answer to this, you'll need to give us more details on what has broken. While you may not necessarily know what the exact problem is, perhaps you could describe the symptoms to us and we could figure it out. Then we might be able to give you some idea of what you'll get for it.

zz0theta

Post by zz0theta » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:45 am

I do believe something in the pressure chamber is broken, for when I try to pump; it does nothing, it just glides back and forth with no resistance.

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:52 am

Does it leak at all? If not, it sounds like the pump seal has disconnected from the pump shaft, which fortunately isn't hard to fix. However I can't give you any figures for how much money you'd get for it, as I have no idea, so I'll leave that for other members to help you with.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:19 am

Welcome to the Super Soaker Central forums, zz0theta!

It sounds like a weird problem that you're having; we don't have it listed among our repairs articles. Does the water gun leak in any place? It's devilishly curious at the moment because there aren't any signs of what went wrong.

You'll need to open up the water gun to find out what the real problem is. Or yes, you could sell the water gun for a decent sum at the right time. Ben has compiled a list of expected eBay water gun sale prices; I'm not sure why it was only linked to from the forums, but there's good information there. But remember, prices tend to be really low in the US winter, and your water gun is broken. I wouldn't expect much right now, but you could wait a few months.

Somebody from the forums may make an offer, but don't count on it. Sorry.

Anyway, back to the repair...I'm guessing that perhaps the pressure relief valve might have broken. Normally, it's a valve that stops you from overfilling the pressure chamber. When the pressure spikes, the valve opens and lets water back into the reservoir when you pump.

Since you haven't mentioned any leaking, we can only conclude that the water is circulating somewhere within the water gun. I'm guessing it's going through the pressure relief valve. You'll have to open the water gun to find out and fix it, though.

zz0theta

Post by zz0theta » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:21 am

yes, it leaks from the nozzle and from the middle of the gun (where the pressure chamber is)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 am

If you want to sell it, repair it. From what I've seen, broken water guns that needs even the most basic of repairs simply don't sell. I think a CPS 2500 that was nearly mint otherwise went for something like $20 last year on eBay and it just needed a seal attached back in the firing valve. And the only reason I know that is because the guy who bought it came and posted about his problem here. I'll offer $25 for it broken if you want an offer. The problem doesn't sound impossible. But, you'll probably fetch $150 or more selling it in the summer repaired, so my offer's nothing.

If it doesn't leak, it's likely a broken pump seal. There's a variety of ways it could break, but there's a good repair article here: http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/article. ... ps1500pump

If it does leak, it's some sort of leak or a popped CPS bladder.

You'll have to open the gun up in either case, so open it up and examine it. If you're still having trouble identifying the problem, read this thread and post back with lots of detail and hopefully a picture. To reiterate, diagnosing a problem can be hard without a lot of information.

Edit: You and SilentGuy posted about the same time as me.

Check out the two links I posted about for leaks and this one: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/nozzle_leaking.html

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 am

Okay, that gives us more to work with.

If you want to perform the repair, you should check out the Internal Leak Location article and perhaps the Cracked Plastic Repair article, if that turns out to be the problem.

Good luck! :)

EDIT: I guess I didn't see Ben's post.

CROC

Post by CROC » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:10 pm

This was what was happening with my CPS 2000 MK1. The pressure chamber cannot hold pressure, because it is raptured. Therefore, all the water you would be pumping in to it would just be spilling out this hole into the rest of the gun. It would then eventually leak out of the gun all over (eg. around PC area, and trigger area) I also think that the seal on the trigger valve is not as good as it should be. I'm not sure though.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back