My CPS 4100's Pump Is Stuck

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
lg388210

Post by lg388210 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:08 pm

Well, it's just stuck, and there's not much more to it! It's pushed back all the way, so if you were holding the gun it would be as close to the trigger as possible. There are five screws; 3 holding the plastic part of the pump together; and 2 that seem to go through the track. I hope this is enough for you to know what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help you may have!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:06 pm

The golden rule of repairs: take a picture. We can help you best with a picture, for it is worth one-thousand words (or they say at least)!

I would suggest opening up your Super Soaker CPS 4100. There should be a pump cap you must remove, though I haven't opened a Super Soaker CPS 4100 and could not tell you how to. Once it is open, it should be easier to fix the problem (or more obvious).

lg388210

Post by lg388210 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:28 pm

Yes...I've read many of your posts, and the stress you put on taking pictures of the problem. Simply put, nothing looks "wrong" with it. The pump just doesn't move. I've taken all the screws out, and the only thing left to remove is the cap at the front of the gun. Would sawing it off be the most effective way of removing it? Thanks Doom.

PS: Toys R Us = The WORST! place to purchase a Super Soaker. I paid $45 (Canadian) for it, and they're offering me $30 for the refund. They say it is discontinued...DISCONTINUED FOR GOD SAKE! I swear, I'll never give Toys R Us a penny, EVER!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 am

I would wait for people to post on how to remove the pump cap. Though, on similarly designed CPS 2100's you may have to saw it off, you can pry it off on some. Try prying it off at first, and if you can not pry it off, try sawing the cap off - but do not saw any deeper than you have to.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:44 pm

Ok, first take that pump off and insert the end of a screwdriver into the hole where the plastic of the pump pulls the white rod back and forth. CAREFULLY pull with the screwdriver the opposite way and see if you can get it to move. After you do that and it works, get a bit of WD 40 or another lubricant and lube up the pumping rod. As far as I know, there is not much rubber to corrode in the area where you need to spray. If you cannot get the pump to move, then you may need to open the gun. Also check to make sure the pump handle itself is installed properly, it may just need a little elbow grease to really get it going.