Nozzle enlargements

Threads about water gun modifications.
C-A_99

Nozzle enlargements

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:45 pm

Since I'm unable to work with drills and am not sure if I have any, I've been using screwdrivers to do nozzle enlargements. I did one to the Flash Flood, but since it was already broken I couldn't see the results so I tried it on my Oozinator. (I got it only because it was so cheap, $6.25 on clearance) I guess I didn't keep the nozzle straight enough because the stream almost acts like a poorly shaped fan blast sometimes and has about the range of an XP 310. (the range is probably lowered by up to 2 feet but I'm not sure) However, I have never really tested the original range and the stream still seems to be somewhat more powerful than before. (and is pretty good when it's shaped right) The main issue here is the capacity I guess, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about the occasional bizzare shaping of the stream. (which kind of lessened later on) However, I'm still thinking about doing this to my other soakers, except for my SC 400 which doesn't have a good capacity. (the PR guns seem to be badly designed and have a lot of unused water left)
Last edited by C-A_99 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:35 am

So are you using the screwdrivers kinda like chisels along with a hammer? 'Tis a shame you can't use a drill, but try to let a neighbor drill out the nozzle for you or something. I really wouldn't suggest going through all your nozzles with this, as commercial soakers' nozzle are actually fairly clean and decent--it's just that in some cases they're a bit too small. However, it is good to know that these nozzles are functional.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:13 am

Ah, my dad has some drills, but I already did the enlargements with the screwdrivers. For most of them, I didn't really use a hammer either. Can I try to drill the already enlarged nozzles to clean them up? Their walls are already thin though.

I guess there are some guns I just won't be doing any enlargements on, particularly the PR guns that don't store too much water and would run out too quickly. A 2700 from ebay should be coming in soon and I may see if I can convert the 2X nozzle into a 20X or a riot blast but I'm not sure. (plus it's not the kind of gun I'd want to screw up)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:00 pm

Whether you drill through the enlarged nozzles is up to you. I would only do so if the stream breaks up way too much, which is quite likely. And even then, I wouldn't enlarge them too much. Then again, you can always fill up the hole with epoxy and start again.