Can It Be Done?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
ccates

Post by ccates » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:53 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I have a question that needs to be answered. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible to make a remote controled water gun without pumping it first, and if so... would it be very powerful?

Thank you,
Chris

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:57 pm

Now when you mean remote controled, do you mean a water gun that pumps itself? Or do you mean like a gun ontop of an RC racer? I'm a little confused on what you mean.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

ccates

Post by ccates » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Imagine...

Setting a water gun or some other contraption down somewhere and you hide behind some bushes. When someone walks by, you press a button and the water shoots out.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:15 pm

There's actually something like that. A water balloon launcher on a site called Aqua Labs. It uses a battery and some other things to release air in its PC. Your soaker can be as good as you can hope. Building something like a Doom Homemade and creating a button trigger is very do-able. But, it takes time and money.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:17 pm

I don't see why not, you would need to make a homemade though, and then release pressure remotely, however if I was going to do that, I would have a motion detector added and just have a remote control for on/off and to vary sensitivity.

EDIT: Wrote that exactly the same time as nibourdude so they say similar things.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:54 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/gallery/weapons/?pic=15

Not sure if this is what you meant, but a remotely-controled Splashzooka requires no pumping.

Anyway, Pepper and I have made remote-controled water guns before. I made a remotely controled CPS 1000 and the image above is Pepper's RC Splashzooka. My gun actually was activated by a tripped laser, so you wouldn't need to put someone on it. Though, I never got the trigger pulling mechanism to work correctly. :P