Back in Town

General water gun discussion.
xneverfacedefeatx

Post by xneverfacedefeatx » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:33 am

Hey guys...well, its been a while.

For those that don't know me, I am Dave, otherwise known round these parts as XN

For those that do know me, it is a testatement to a long legacy that I've never quite fulfilled.

I am the webmaster of Guts N Glory Water Wars (GNG)

I've been gone for what seems like forever. I joined Aquatica back in April of 2001 (does that qualify me as an oldtimer?) and soon after started GNG.

Well, I'm back.

I'm hoping to see some new faces...theres a lot of history with the online soaker community. I hope something good has risen up out of the ashes.

-XN
Attachments
CPS2000mine9small.JPG
CPS2000mine9small.JPG (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1106 times

xneverfacedefeatx

Post by xneverfacedefeatx » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:14 am

oh, and just to prove to you that it really is me, I did some searching around in my database (I still remember the name and password after 1-2 years&#33 ;) and pulled up something that may be of interest, especially to the modding crowd (my homeboys):

http://www.angelfire.com/sports/gng/CPS10000.html

have fun :)

-GnG is comin' back-

-XN

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:58 am

Whoa, welcome to SSC, here we're more tech oriented than WWN. You should also see this, I did my best to revive the old site, I think I've read the entier thing. I'm a big fan. It's amazing that you found this site before you found WWN too.

I do realize that it could not be the real you, so uhh, update your website or something. Get on AIM later today (around 5 is when I usually get on), I want to talk. I've seen that CPS 10000 thing before, I think quite a few know about it. Your IP is pretty unique though, so I guess it is the real you.

As you can guess, I made the first real K modding and check valve freezing guide. I also have been trying homemades but most of them haven't made it yet to the site. With my planned ones and yesterday's sXPBackfire-esque built gun I think I can have more of the homemades up soon, before I add all my mods, I've got a list of 15-20 mods I can add to the site, less than 5 homemades. Don't read the Range article, it's wrong, I need to update it btw.

I really can't believe it, I think I tried contacting you at your college email. I also live less than 40 miles from Haymarket, so maybe we could meet and have a battle sometime, that is where you are now?

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:58 pm

Hello, I'm Racer, I'm new to soakers!

I have just formed most of our team, me being the leader.

I am a big fan of the K mod, I have now done it to my 1500(0), but the trigger valve is busted... Boohoo... :(
I don't check this forum anymore.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:07 pm

You probably don't know me but hi!
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:14 pm

Monsoon, how'd you get so many posts?
I don't check this forum anymore.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:31 pm

I signed up last summer
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:55 pm

Welcome back XN. Maybe now Ill stop getting so many 404s on GnG ;) . Things have changed.

Second, I guess you probably stiull Don't know meh, but Im Hyper9.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 01, 2004 5:42 am

hey, I've never seen your sites full potential, I only joined the online comunity a few weeks ago.
but in the spirit: Welcome back!
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

pilchard

Post by pilchard » Sat May 01, 2004 5:22 pm

XN, great to have you back. I am pepper from the old Y! groups board, and the latter AQT EZboard(at least I think thats what was next, looong time ago) I started posting just about 2 months before you left to college. Doom and I have done lots of research on you, it's not even funny. Doom probably knows just as much about you as any one of your friends. Anyway, I have also done a lot of modding in the past, but havn't done much over the past year, unfortunatly. Its really good to have you back, GnG was THE standard in modding websites.
live to soak , soak to live
- The Zealots motto