CPS 2000 Mk1 Near Perfect!

General water gun discussion.
RockMan ZX

CPS 2000 Mk1 Near Perfect!

Post by RockMan ZX » Sat May 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Hello there people! I've got a Super Soaker Cps 2000 here for sale. Its near perfect, I just took it out of the box, fired it once. That's all. I am willing to sell at a competitive price.
EDIT: With Strap.
Last edited by RockMan ZX on Sat May 14, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Re: CPS 2000 Mk1 Near Perfect!

Post by zeda.beta » Sat May 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I'd be interested in purchasing it, but I would have to see some pictures first.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Well pictures are a must, good sir. How much would you be willing to pay though? I cannot just sell this for a mere 15$. Here are the pictures.
Its rare to find one. And its even more rare to find on in such a condition.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat May 14, 2011 9:51 pm

That seems to be in good condition, but I have one more question; Does it fire? I'm not somebody that buys guns just for the looks, and this one is a serious buy.

I would be willing to pay maybe $50-60 plus shipping, but there is one problem, that it is a Mk II. The pressure chamber doesn't extend to the strap hole/clip, so that would be the indicator. Not a big issue, just slightly less shot time.

And as for competetive prices, ebay seems to be really out of touch with what these should cost.
Quack damn you.

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sat May 14, 2011 10:11 pm

My friend, you are out of touch with the actuary prices. My friend gave this to me and said it was a mk 1, I never checked until now. Additionally, it does fire. I fired this once, so I know. Did you know that one still in its box, unopened is worth 1500? I was in Los Angeles a few weeks ago, and nearly won that in an auction. Fortunately for you, this water gun is highly sought after, and will fetch a pretty penny. It will only go up in value over time, since the supply gets reduced. I will make you a deal. 250 U.S. Dollars and shipping.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:19 pm

As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect if it can shoot reliably. I'm far too poor to buy one for a half-decent price though. =\

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 pm

This thing has been fired once. It's fully intact, all the parts work, No problems whatsoever. So C-A 99 you are interested in buying this too?

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:02 am

Sorry guys, but no gun is worth $250, not even one working condition. The effort you will put in to maintaining a 15 year old plastic water gun will be tremendous, given that regular use will probably result in something breaking very soon. Remember, use is not the only thing that weakens a gun, but temperature fluctuations over time can kill the rubber bladder inside. Just because it has only been used once or twice and this guy claims it works properly is no guarantee for the future.

Of course, I do not speak for the collector's value. However, if you are aiming to sell something like that for $250+ you are in the wrong place. These forums are used primarily by younger people who do not have access to that kind of money. My advice is to put it up on ebay if you think you can sell it so easily for so much.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sun May 15, 2011 3:51 am

Well first off I have kept it in an air tight, climate controlled, UV resistant container, inside of a storage. I know the components should work. Additionally, I have seen an unopened one sell at an auction for 1500. The bid started at 1200. Ebay, a few years ago had over 20 CPS 2000's. I purchased 5. Now, there's maybe one or two, for 350. I am giving a great deal here.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun May 15, 2011 3:54 pm

It doesn't matter to me if it has never been TOUCHED. It can be caked over in mud for all I care, as long as it shoots well. A lot of people here fell similarly.

Also, just because someone pays 1500, doesn't mean it is worth 1500.

The most I would pay for that would be 75. I don't Have the money though, so the point is moot.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 15, 2011 7:45 pm

RockMan ZX wrote:So C-A 99 you are interested in buying this too?
C-A_99 wrote:I'm far too poor to buy one for a half-decent price though. =\
What I meant is that yes, I would buy it, but only for a price so low that no one would want to sell it to me. I just don't have the money to offer a reasonable price. (I'd say maybe up to $40 before the shipping, which even I wouldn't sell it to me if I had one lol.)

I think there's two aims one can have when selling a blaster. The first motivator is money, but the second is preservation of the sport. If one is going for just money, eBay is probably the best place, but you have to time it; list it in a way that it's easy to search for, start at a fair price so demand drives up, and time it at a time when people will buy more. This involves watching the water blaster market on eBay carefully for some time to get up to speed on what's happening. Because your blaster is fairly new, it has higher collector value and may be valued higher. Most people on a water gun forum would rather not pay the premium for a like-new or NIB blaster; they just want something that'll work for their wars.

The second motivator is preservation of the sport. You sell it to someone you know is going to take good care of the blaster based on their history on the forums, even if you can't get all that much money for it. You know the blaster won't end up at a landfill or what not when it breaks, but will be repaired and used in further wars.

That's my take on it anyhow.

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sun May 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Well I definitely preserve the sport, as I have 3 for my own use. However, If one really wanted a powerful water, gun they would just create their own. Perhaps I will buy a few more, and wait many more years until the value is higher, and then sell them. I recently bought about 20 for wholesale. They were all in decent or even great condition. Thanks for your support everyone.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun May 15, 2011 8:37 pm

hi there, rockman.

I would be interested in buying two or three of your CPS 2000 mk2. But I am not on your wave at the moment, towards the price^^ THe members are just right, the 350 Dollar offer on ebay is in there for about over 1 year, still unpurchased and no one will purchase it in the next 10 years, that is sure.

I am willing to pay a total of 320 Dollars for three of your CPS 2000 Mk2(in case all are in great optical and technical conditions like the one in the pics). Total says shipping included.

Let me know if you are interested in it, if you are, send me a PM then.

thanks
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

RockMan ZX

Post by RockMan ZX » Sun May 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Yeh -G-JiV-, I dont think so. A year ago there were 10 mk 1 and mk 2s on ebay, now theres only one. People can sell these at a high price compared to what you expect because the quantity is low. Even one in a bad condition, but operational condition can still sell a pretty penny. 3 for 320? I dont think so. I will sell 1 for 200 though.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun May 15, 2011 9:44 pm

You can't expect to try and sell a water gun for collector's price on a water warfare forum. We buy to use (almost everyone) and will only pay a reasonable price for a working condition (not perfect or mint). A reasonable price would be $50-70, depending on the quality, with some people willing to go up to $100.

If you think you can sell this on ebay for more, go ahead, but we are giving you the price based on what it is worth as a weapon, not as a collectible.
Quack damn you.