Buzz Bee Water Warriors New line.

General water gun discussion.
mysterio

Buzz Bee Water Warriors New line.

Post by mysterio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:26 am

Not as exciting as Hasbros, but you get what you get.

Linky.

isoaker_com

Re: Buzz Bee Water Warriors New line.

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:52 am

Thanks for sharing the link and pics!

Not as slick-looking as the 2011 Super Soakers, but likely more potent in a water fight. Would've been nice has pumping, reservoirs, and triggers also been linkable, but that probably is a little too complex to do easily. Still, being able to link 2-3 blasters together would still allow a user to carry around more fire..err...water power around more easily than carrying separate blasters. Up to a point, of course,.. don't want to carry too much around or end up with too tall a stack.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:26 am

Oh, wow! They made an Ultimate line for water guns! Cool! I wonder if they're compatable with the dart guns.

They look like a new connectable Equalizer, Renegade, and something else that I hope is something like the Vindicator. Even alone, these look cooler than the original ones.

By the way, with the Air Blasters Ultimate line, there were some ultimate blasters that they didn't show connected together and stuff, but they were selling them. Hopefully it's the same here.
Last edited by martianshark on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:33 am

Hahaha! That's brilliant! Impractical, but brilliant!
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Hmm... I don't know if this is good or bad. While having all of them connected may be impractical, if they perform as good as last year's models, then having them together may be pretty good for a base defending weapon.

iSoaker, didn't you go to a BBT meeting a year or two ago, where they had prototypes of the '11 models? Did they look like this, or was BBT forced to change them because of the lawsuit?
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Hahaha, a great idea :D Ok, to star with I will choose this three weapons as main and as a sidearm I will take further 3 guns :D

I would not say it is un-do-able to carry three guns at ones. We do not know their size, you could easily carry three CPS 1000, if they are linked well :)

But before I start carring 3 blasters with one hand I get ONE BIG one, may be better and easier :)

Anyone an idea how to pressurize ? Each soaker for its own ? Are are the pumps linked like the triggers ?

Above all, a funny idea ! :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 pm

As far as I know, the firing, pressurization, and reservoirs are not linkable, only the blasters. I might be wrong though.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:42 am

On the picture, it looks like it will be hard to pump the Equalizer thing.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:05 pm

The Equalizer thing is called the "Outlaw" by the way.

I wonder if we'll see more from BBT this year. I hope they haven't been hit too hard by the lawsuit. Most of these look like redesigns of older blasters. I hope they perform better than their predecessors. I think they look a bit nicer.

By the way, did you notice the picture on the front of the Renegade box? There's an even smaller blaster shown there. It looks like a redesign of the Deluge.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Well, I posted most of my speculation and conjectures on iSn already, but in a nutshell, it's basically that WW's 2011 line has not been fully revealed, or that BBT was hit badly by the lawsuit and the lawsuit was regarding CPS. Even though the patent only covers a specific bladder design, Hasbro successfully sued Ohio Art earlier, and given how small the blasters are and how desperate they seem to be to throw together a quick gimmick to sell, things aren't looking good for WW. Their last option is to improve on air pressure, but that is likely to be too expensive to work with. After all, the only air pressure blaster that was on the level of CPS blasters ever made was the SS/XP 300 and it wasn't done again until the APH was invented. Even if high quality air pressure is viable, Hasbro will probably find a way to patent troll the optimal air pressure blaster layout and further stifle their only competition.

Almost eight years ago, Hasbro strangled the goose that laid the golden egg. Now they're at it again. I'm very interested to see what's really going on behind the blasters here, but I think my speculation is not bad for the information we have..

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Well commercial water guns and nerf guns, I bid you a fond farewell.
HOME DEPOT HERE I COME!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:27 am

lol, that's what I was thinking. :D

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 pm

When did hasbro sue BBT? I thought having a bladder in the reservoir made them immune. :(

These guns do look pretty cool. I will get them just for the "explorer", which I hope is a vindicator.

EDIT
Damn! The big one is air pressure. Look at the bottom left of this picture:

It also only holds 60oz.
The vindicator held 108.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:47 pm

soakernerd wrote:When did hasbro sue BBT? I thought having a bladder in the reservoir made them immune. :(
Nothing makes them immune, especially when Hasbro has more lawyers. The American legal system doesn't work that way. The CPS patents were on a SPECIFIC cylinderical bladder and did not apply to spherical nor general cylinderical bladders, much less to a hybrid between the two. Yet Hasbro was successful on their patent trolling to keep the only competition willing to make decent water guns from stepping above them.

Not that anyone outside of the water warring community would know nor care about that though.

I may be jumping the gun here, but I don't see what other patent it could be, and BBT doesn't just take out CPS and replace it with a big PR for the same price for no reason.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 am

I was thinking it was the elastic/piston hybrid patent. The Pulse Force basically works the same way as the Shot Blast, and they did say the patent was about a NERF Super Soaker.