The ANTI-Dream Gun Thread!

General water gun discussion.
TheTyphoon

The ANTI-Dream Gun Thread!

Post by TheTyphoon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:05 pm

So. We've all discussed what we'd love to see on a water blaster, which one's the best, what tech they could use etc.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourself to witness nightmare-ish ideas of water blasters. The worst that Hasbro could ever do to the Super Soaker brand. The epic fails that would make us cry.

Personally, I'd facepalm if they came out with a Super Soaker called the "Downpour". Its nozzle, rated at 0.5X, fires upwards and forwards slightly, so that it falls on the enemy.
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

Fredcompany

Re: The ANTI-Dream Gun Thread!

Post by Fredcompany » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 pm

How about:

A hydro blitz painted black, called the Hydro Blitz: Elite edition, which is twice as big, and twice as overcomplicated as the original.

PS: Hasbro will probably look at the posts in this thread and go "These are great ideas! That can be our 2011 line-up!"
Last edited by Fredcompany on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dude

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:41 pm

A PR gun that has the CPS name on it, and will be representing all of those great weapons. That would make me cry.
-Zeda
Edit: I meant one that looks and sounds like it has the CPS power behind it, but is actually PR and really bad.
Last edited by zeda.beta on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:36 pm

The HydroBlitz, Oozinator, Arctic Shock, and many others already take the cake for some of the worst water gun productions in SS history but of course, the most recent years have been the most disappointing; tons of lousy piston guns have been released and the SW line shows no end to this in sight.

I don't know if Hasbro will dip lower with the gimmicks, they may stick to the Nerf theme for a while, and next year will most likely release more piston powered garbage.
TheTyphoon wrote:Personally, I'd facepalm if they came out with a Super Soaker called the "Downpour". Its nozzle, rated at 0.5X, fires upwards and forwards slightly, so that it falls on the enemy.
And it would almost certainly be piston powered. Hey, it's cheaper that way.

@zeda: PR's are actually useful. They make excellent small blasters and sidearms unlike piston blasters which are good for suicide charged based games and not much else. That's the only reason I have at all to buy a Shot Blast, Rattler, or any other recent piston powered blaster, since I only have two piston powered blasters right now and only one works well, but we could use more for our suicide-charge "assault" soakfest games.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:03 pm

C-A_99 wrote: And it would almost certainly be piston powered. Hey, it's cheaper that way.
I'd love to see Hasbro's advertisement for it, too.

"The ALL NEW Super Soaker Downpour attacks your enemy FROM THE SKY! With a quick, easy pump-firin' system, you only need to pump once to unleash torrential rain on your enemy!

**advert shows ridiculous sized wave of water drowning the enemy**
**another, discrete bit of advert shows the blasters true output - a tiny trickle splish-sploshing onto an enemy and they don't notice**

All you'll need to out-soak the enemy from above! They'll NEVER expect it!"

(Unless they, you know, know that it's a Downpour.)

"Super Soaker Downpour - now available for just $29.99!"

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 am

How about a squirt gun in a monster XL case, called the Monster Super Large?
I'm a dude

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:14 pm

A re-release of the CPS 2000 but with a 5x nozzle and lousy range.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 am

That wouldn't be so bad.

How about one with a small, weak pulsating sprinkler as its nozzle so it's like a machine gun (or as Hasbro would call it, "machine gun".) It should also have a scope and a machine gun clip with an intake tube in it as a reservoir.

Or maybe one of those catupult pistol thingys (I don't know what they're called) that cutupults water instead of whatever object you stick in it. Then again, that might actually be kind of useful.

Or maybe a pogo stick with a piston so that at squirts in front of you every time you jump. :p
Last edited by martianshark on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:05 am

Submachine gun replicas have been done before (though I'm not sure on full machine guns; they'd be shrunk a lot otherwise there wouldn't be enough shelf space) with electric pulsating automatic fire. Many motorized automatic squirt blasters have a magazine (it's a magazine, not a clip, look it up) that holds water and is feed with an intake tube. Obviously, the main problem is that the magazine shape can't hold a lot of water because it wasn't designed for that purpose.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Can't I call it a clip if I want to?

How about a gun that claims to use CPS, but its bladder isn't any thicker than a balloon.

Or a non-wireless remote control tank called the "Aqua Tank." The wire that goes from the remote to the tank includes a tube that water goes through. A button on the remote works like a squirt gun trigger and makes a tiny stream of water come from the tank.

Or a Super Soaker called the "Quick Charge," a spring-powered water gun that takes only one pump to charge. The spring would be very weak and small, so it gets terrible range and shot time.

How about water guns with nozzles like "Have a nice day" and "The Zorro" like in the iSoak'd comic.
Last edited by martianshark on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:54 pm

These are clips:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Clip_M1-SKS.JPG

This is a magazine:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carol ... 00499b.jpg

Calling a magazine a clip is akin to calling a ball valve a pull valve. Nonetheless, most people don't seem to care and some try to rationalize the misnomer by calling it a nitpick.

As far as the thread goes, I don't see much point to the rest of it as Hasbro already made some pretty bad water blasters. It's not hard to imagine anything as useless as the Arctic Shock.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:02 pm

I have the Arctic Shock. Oh my gawwd. Its range is suckish, its stream is a tad smaller and less powerful than the Rattler's, its stream doesn't last as long as a Storm 750, the ice core never works even if you leave it for hours, the water isn't even that cold with ice in it......

Wish I'd got a Hydroblade instead. At least that was fun to play with and had decent-ish power, enough to actually last in a water battle.

But then again, I have my CPS 1000....and soon my CPS 2500, which I will sleep with. :D

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:05 pm

It would seem that BOTH 'clip' and 'magazine' are inappropriate when it comes to water blasters. Clip certainly is wrong, it's a device for holding discrete rounds of ammunition. I suspect magazine may be wrong on the same grounds.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, since we are refering to replica's, refering to the Larami Uzi's magazine is fine, as you would also refer to the barrel, muzzle, and the non-functional charging handle. Otherwise, you wouldn't call any reservoir, water bottle, container, etc. a magazine.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:45 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Calling a magazine a clip is akin to calling a ball valve a pull valve...
I'd say it's more like calling a PRV a check valve, which we do...

Why does everyone call it a clip, then? Even Nerf refers to their guns' magizines as clips. It should be called the Longshot MS 6, not the Longshot CS 6.