Bottle Shot vs Vaporizer

General water gun discussion.
soaked_toast

Bottle Shot vs Vaporizer

Post by soaked_toast » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:31 am

Hey, I wanted to hear your opinions about the pros and cons about the Bottle Shot and the Vaporizer. Which one do you think is better? If it depends, then what factors would make one gun better over the other?

My opinions/observations are:

-The bottle shot has faster pumping (almost twice as fast) but the Vaporizer shoots more water per shot

-The range isn't that much of a difference,Vaporizer shoots a bit further (about 4-6ft)

-The Bottle Shot can potentially hold more water, however holding more than a liter makes it a bit hard to move around because it's off balance

-If there are no water sources around, the bottle shot can still use bottles of water as portable "clips"

-If there is a water source nearby, the vaporizer reloads much faster (unless the bottle shot has an unused clip yet to use)

-The bottle shot is more concealable and portable with a smallish bottle

-The vaporizer looks more intimidating :P
Last edited by soaked_toast on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Re: Bottle Shot vs Vaporizer

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 am

Vaporizer. The Bottle Shot's a pretty gimmicky gun, and I can't think of a time when I'd have a dozen water bottles just lying around; and even then, I'd just pour the water into the reservoir.

Edit: Oh, Vaporizer, not Vindicator. That's a tougher face-off. Maybe I'd go for the Bottle Shot.

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:44 pm

They are pretty much the same. Both are piston guns with similar power. Personally I think the Vaporizer feels more comfortable to use, but the difference is very small.

Afterthought: I hadn't considered the Vaporizer's much slower pumping. Yeah, maybe the Bottle Shot is slightly better.
Current Arsenal: Liquidator, MI Flash Flood x2, APH x2, CPS 1200

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Well, I don't have the bottle shot, but the Vaporizer is a very effective gun in some cases. I've got a quick example, too. The other day, my little brother and my two best friends were over for water wars. There were two large battles (and some small ones).

1. One of my friends was on my team against my little brother and my other friend, and they had the fort. We had a flash flood, hydro blitz, and a vaporizer, they had everything else. Unfortunately, the small stream on the flash flood didn't work, so we used it as a back up, with it close by on another deck. Here's where the Vaporizer came in handy: My buddy ditched the flash flood, and whipped out his vaporizer. He's a cross country runner so with only that small gun, he could really fly through. He "fricken raped 'em". It wasn't even funny how insane he was with that.

2. We had the fort with around 5 gallons of water, and our guns (which were loaded to the brim). They came up with an arsenal of guns, my buddy came out with a Vaporizer. They took some lame-ass shots at each other, than my friend on my team just suddenly went ape (I have no clue why). He ran like a bat outa Hell with his gun (like before) and shot them (only missed a couple of times) 'til he was out of water. He quickly reloaded and went back at it.

I guess what I'm trying to say, it most pump guns are the same (if made by the same company). My friend on my little brother's team did this a couple of times, too, but with a Helix, and he only shot point blank. It's not the gun that kills, it's the shooter.

Finn

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 pm

^ That runner probably could've drenched the targets more with water bottles. The Vaporizer simply lacks the output to effectively soak someone in a timely manner. Of course, this is given that the slower people with regular, more powerful guns were very slow at reacting and shooting the runner.

The Vaporizer seems to be much better ergonomically. It looks balanced and has a good handle for piston guns. Neither however, are that effective due to low output. You might as well dump the reservoir on them unless you're playing 1 hit kill.

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 am

C-A_99 wrote:^ That runner probably could've drenched the targets more with water bottles. The Vaporizer simply lacks the output to effectively soak someone in a timely manner. Of course, this is given that the slower people with regular, more powerful guns were very slow at reacting and shooting the runner.

The Vaporizer seems to be much better ergonomically. It looks balanced and has a good handle for piston guns. Neither however, are that effective due to low output. You might as well dump the reservoir on them unless you're playing 1 hit kill.
Well, that's the only gun he had, so he used it as well as it could be used. I'm not saying it's a great gun, or even a good gun, I'm just suggesting that it can be fairly effective, given the correct circumstances. I'd suggest neither, considering you can buy ALOT of guns that are more effecient (spelling?) for the same or less price. BTW (off topic): I just bought two new SS50 20th Anniversaries!

Finn