the worm

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
used man

the worm

Post by used man » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 pm

while unfortunately there are no pictures of this amazing piece of water artillary it is so simple none are necessary. walkthrough; WARNING do not use this guide if you are worried about being hit at high speeds with exploding rubber

all you will need is a qfd, duct tape, etape, a dried corn cob or other plug that fits and around 5 feet of large LRT linked to on the super cps page.

preliminary steps if your qfd is in working condition break the auto filling device with something and put a ball valve between the qfd and the hose http://forums.sscentral.org/t4925/

step 1 take the qfd and wrap electricle tape around the outside of the fill tube so the lrt fits over it without to much trouble.

step 2 cut the dried corncob in half and shove it down the end of the lrt.

step 3 cover the plugged end in a good layer of duct tape.

step 4 kink the lrt right behind the corncob and wrap duct tape tightly around the kink.

filling and use

filling -to fill the worm stick the unplugged end over the qfd and get a good grip then turn the water on hold the end that is stuck over the qfd with all of your strength until it starts to bloat. let it get to a sizeble level then kink right in front of the bloat and turn the qfd off then pull the filling end off and get ready to completely drench someone.

firing- there are two ways to fire, firehose where you hold on to the end and direct the shot and shotgun where you hold on farther back and let the nozzle swing around crazilly.

results... one decently filled well aimed shot from around 20 feet away will completely drench one side of someones body and by drench i mean not 1 dry spot on that side of there body... :) :) :)
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

cantab

Re: the worm

Post by cantab » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 pm

Basically, this is an even more basic version of the 'water worm' weapons that are known.

A better way to plug the end is probably that used in SuperCPS. Basically, shove a bolt, or any plug for that matter, in the end, then use a hoseclamp to hold it on.

Also, it probably wouldn't be that hard to give it a proper valve and nozzle. That would make it somewhat more controllable.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Re: the worm

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Those are simple instructions - good job! I've seen a few threads about plain rubber tubes being used, but I can't seem to find them at the moment.