CPS 2100 cosmetic help

General water gun discussion.
stupidaznmunkey

CPS 2100 cosmetic help

Post by stupidaznmunkey » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:32 am

okay, for those of you who own a CPS 2100 or have had experience in painting one, would it be possible to shave the yellow tube things on the side smooth and painting over it? or if i were to put sandpaper down onto it, it would leave it open? Im wondering this since i want to smooth out those lines and sand it and paint it :) thanks

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:13 pm

Smoothing wise I don't think you have a lot of options. If you sand it down too much its just going to create holes. You could layer something over the tubes, smooth it out and then paint. Although, I'm less experienced with that sort of stuff.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

stupidaznmunkey

Post by stupidaznmunkey » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:01 am

NiborDude wrote:Smoothing wise I don't think you have a lot of options. If you sand it down too much its just going to create holes. You could layer something over the tubes, smooth it out and then paint. Although, I'm less experienced with that sort of stuff.
alrite - im probably going to go over the tube part with some bondo (same stuff they use to fix holes in car bumpers etc) and probably sand over that then. i'll show you guys pics of the final product.

any final suggestions b4 i put the knife to the gun?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:53 pm

You could also try just putting some type of tape or lamination covering over that area and then painting over that. Just a suggestion, but I'm not a master painter at all. What type of paint are you going to use?

And please watch your grammar, since there's no point in having a beautiful soaker if your posts look ugly.