Aquapack Devastator: Holy Crap!

General water gun discussion.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:00 pm

Two words to describe the Aquapack Devastator:

Holy XPBackfire-esque.

This gun is the best I've used since the 1500. It's seriously that good. I think I even like it better than the Power Pak.

It's power is incredible. It's nozzle looks like a 2-3x, but the PC is so strong that it shoots more like an 8.5x! The pump is strong and smooth, it pumps like nothing I've ever tried before. It's seriously that easy. Not only is it easy, but it only takes about 10 pumps to power up! It's small and portable. It even has a METAL, YES METAL clip on the back to clip on to your jeans or belt or whatever. It's the perfect sidearm! My new combo is a CPS 1500 with the APD clip onto my jeans (if I'm not wearing anything with belt clips, I can just sling it over my shoulder)! This is the best engineered gun I've seen from Super Soaker... ever. The refill cap (one of those quick-fill ones, easy to fill) lies on your left shoulder, so you don't have to take the backpack off! Genius! Why couldn't Hasbro be this smart about water guns a couple years ago?! The only fault I can find with this gun is with the trigger: It's hard to pull with only one finger and your hand will get sore because it's positioned weird. But even the handle grip is rubber, so it's dang near impossible to drop! The backpack is light and is conforms to your body like a glove, unlike the 3200, 3000, or Power Pak. It's a one-piece gun with no assembly required, so it doesn't even leak a drop!

I'm sold! I'm buying a dozen of these little wonders! You should buy some too!

Aquapak Devastator: 10/10!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:35 pm

First off, really, how rich are you soakologist? You've got tons of every soaker (as posted on isoaker.com) and now your buying 12 of these. More on topic, do you honestly think that this gun is better than the majority of the CPS-line since you said
This gun is the best I've used since the 1500. It's seriously that good. I think I even like it better than the Power Pak.
?
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:14 am

Oh yes, I really do. It's seriously an awesome manageable soaker. It may not be as powerful as a Monster X or CPS 4100, but it's much more versatile.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:55 am

Take some stats and pictures and I might believe you...

The reported stats at iSoaker.com did not impress me at all. A 340 ml pressure chamber with a 2950 ml reservoir? Is this gun for little kids or is it just me?

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:58 am

Originally posted by Doom@Apr 5 2005, 07:55 PM

The reported stats at iSoaker.com did not impress me at all. A 340 ml pressure chamber with a 2950 ml reservoir? Is this gun for little kids or is it just me?
[snapback]23562[/snapback]

I think that it's just you, really.

How about you give me your address and I send you one? Tell me what you think then.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:58 am

Originally posted by Soakologist@Apr 6 2005, 01:58 AM
How about you give me your address and I send you one? Tell me what you think then.
[snapback]23564[/snapback]

Yes, okay, I'll believe it when I see it. £29.99 over here still seems somewhat steep for one...so if you send me one, I'll see whether I'm as impressed as you are. ;)

I must say, I am rather interested in it, but the high price tag still puts me off.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:50 am

I WANT it to be as good as you say SKG, but I find it very hard to believe. If the stats Doom quoted are correct, then no wonder it only needs 10 pumps, that PC is way too small to feed a '8.5X' nozzle. I estimate shot time to be two seconds if it actually does fire at 8.5X. Although (going by what Doom said again) you can get about nine shots per tank, they'll be short shots. I really think that without a picture of it firing and accurate statistics, I find this pretty hard to believe.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:01 pm

It has a bit of reported pump lag to it, but other than that I see no problem with the gun ;) Its a new generation backpack mdoel with the looks to back. Im not saying its bad, yet Im not saying it's good either, but its a good step in the right direction. Perfect light assault backpack for raids. id give this one more of a 8/10.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:07 am

Yes, okay, I'll believe it when I see it. £29.99 over here still seems somewhat steep for one...so if you send me one, I'll see whether I'm as impressed as you are.

I must say, I am rather interested in it, but the high price tag still puts me off.
Same here, I am interested in it but its just the steep price tag it is over here in the UK. :(

From all of the mixed opinions I have heard about it I don't really know if I should get one. I would have to try it out first before I consider buying one. ;)

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:26 pm

I say; get the Flash Flood and backpack mod it, it's SUPER SIMPLE to backpack mod guns that use the quick fill cap. I'll get a tech article up soon.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:29 pm

The APD has a stronger PC, you might as well get it than going through the trouble of backpack modding a Flash Flood.

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Doom@Apr 5 2005, 07:55 PM

[snapback]23562[/snapback]

I have to agree with Doom that 340 ml seems kinda wimpy. I mean not long ago the CPS 2100 at 540 ml was considered a mid-sized blaster. I used to think the Monster XL was too big, but now I would cry tears of joy if they would start making them, or a CPS 2700 again. I am honestly trying to find a new model to like, but it's pretty hard to take these down-sized soakers seriously. I may buy an APD just to try it, but I'm afraid my buddies will laugh at me.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:26 pm

I'm the same. I would get one but it may not be very good to me and if it isn't then I have wasted £30 which I could have spent on a much better soaker. Its hard to make a decision on these new soakers as some aspects interest you about them but when you look back at the old ones then you just change your mind. Again I would want to try one out before I buy but that is impossible to do. ;)

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:12 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@Apr 9 2005, 10:26 AM
I say; get the Flash Flood and backpack mod it, it's SUPER SIMPLE to backpack mod guns that use the quick fill cap. I'll get a tech article up soon.
[snapback]23627[/snapback]

Um, I don't see the point, really. Mod the FF by all means, but as an alternative to the Devastator? I mean, it would be easier to just but the AD, as it is probably cheaper and defnitaley more powerful stock.

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:43 am

Originally posted by Soakologist@Apr 5 2005, 01:00 PM
[snapback]23555[/snapback]

^Oops! wrong quote! I got a Devastator like two weeks ago and it barely worked at all. But then for some reason that I don't know or understand, it started to work well.