D'oh Arctic Shock

General water gun discussion.
mbartell

D'oh Arctic Shock

Post by mbartell » Mon May 25, 2009 7:58 pm

I've had my first mod mess up , I thought I was cutting out the pressure safety valve on an arctic shock, and sent a spring flying. I figure this was the main pressure making part of the valve, right?
Well, anyway
I went to Big Lots and saw some knock off super soaker looking guns in bags. A few looked like some of the older CPS guns, and wanted to know if anyone had torn into them yet. I figure they may be a new source, if Big Lots carries the same stuff nationwide.

Silence

Re: D'oh Arctic Shock

Post by Silence » Mon May 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central.

You may have cut out the pressure release valve after all, since it should use a spring inside. However, that spring is probably pretty small and well-encased, so it's unlikely that it would pop out. If you think you cut out the wrong valve, try to post a picture online.

A shot of the knock-offs at Big Lots may help, too...a cell phone camera should do the trick if you have one.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon May 25, 2009 8:30 pm

A general tip with knock-off guns - look at the nozzle. Most of the time it will be very small, because the gun's just a pressurised reservoir type. If the nozzle is large, you may be on to something decent.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

mbartell

Post by mbartell » Tue May 26, 2009 4:55 am

I'll take a look at the nozzle on the knock offs, Some of them look like they are made of several pieces, hopefully a good bet that there is a pressure chamber.
As for the Arctic Shock, I cut it like it was a "type A" valve, the spring was against a rubber stopper, but the hoses go in and out differently. I'll post a picture when I can. If I can seal it and make it work, that's great.