My First Homemade Water Gun

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Captain Galaxy

My First Homemade Water Gun

Post by Captain Galaxy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi, SSC. I'm making my first homemade water gun since I broke my XP-310. I have never done any serious work with PVC before and since this is my first homemade water gun, I'm not sure how well it will work. So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Galaxy; Defender of the Universe

C-A_99

Re: My First Homemade Water Gun

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Read around the site. What kind of homemade are you building? The PVC basics article should assist, as well as the articles on making pumps, etc. I assume you're building this to use in battle, so go with a CPH, or you could experiment with an air pressure, low dropoff design, but that may be a little advanced.

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 am

Welcome to the forums, Captain Galaxy!

I believe your topic belongs in the Homemades section of the forums, but I'll let someone like Ben take care of that.

Anyways, about the homemades. You have the choice of the APH (really good for beginners) or a CPS gun (a bit advanced but fine if you have experience).

Both, if you know how to use PVC pie and cement, should be really easy to build. I suggest you go with the APH, since you don't have to order from anywhere (you should be able to get everything from a local Lowes/Home Depot/anywhere that has PVC pipe).

Captain Galaxy

Post by Captain Galaxy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:23 am

I realize It's in the wrong place. I am very bad with forums and that kind of stuff. It will be a long time before I have finally mastered using my computer.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:37 am

Welcome to SSC!

Don't worry much about getting adjusted to the forum. What matters most (to me at least) is writing legibly, and you've done that well already. Things like posting in the right forum are pretty simple and I'm sure you'll catch on.

The APH guide I wrote for beginners. I tried to cover as much as possible in it. All the parts should be available at local hardware stores if you live in North America. Take a look and start reading the PVC basics section. ;)

Other designs are possibilities but not too many work as well, are as easy to build, or use as common parts as the APH.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central, Captain Galaxy!

Just to clarify, nearly all our homemade water guns are easy to build. We only recommend the APH because it has by far the most thorough instructions, covering everything from working with PVC to putting the pieces together. Once you know what to do, it should be fairly simple to build anything. You can skim the APH instructions and build something else, but the APH is a great water gun and can beat any Super Soaker.