Hasbro has got to be the worst EVER!

General water gun discussion.
powersurge919

Hasbro has got to be the worst EVER!

Post by powersurge919 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:48 am

I just bought a Flash-Flood and a vaporizer and both were defective. They were not used items, as they had just came off the truck.

So i get out the FF first, I pump it up. and NOTHING. I cracked it open to find that the Rubber CPS bit is MISSING! M I S S I N G ! ! !

I try and fire the Vaporizer, THE PUMP HANDLE IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE PUMP!

Holy crap 2 Guns fresh off the truck with Defects.

So later I return the Flash Flood (As the Vaporizer was an easy Fix)
And get another one. THE PUMP WAS JUST SNAPPED! I MEAN TOTALLY SNAPPED when I got it out. So I think I won't be buying SUper soakers until Hasbro Miraculously Decides to Detach LARAMI so that it becomes an Independent Company once again.
See ya in a hundred years!
Last edited by powersurge919 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

used man

Re: Hasbro has got to be the worst EVER!

Post by used man » Sat May 31, 2008 4:19 am

Holy crap dude that had to be a huge let down having to wait to use your new gun. i remember when i got a triple shot to fight my neighbor and it got stolen at the festival as i set it down to play a game. i had to fight with a squirt pistol and a garbage can lid against a ww lightning for a week while waiting for my flash flood :( .
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Sat May 31, 2008 8:00 am

Yep, Hasbro lets the soaker community down on a regular basis. :mad:
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Sat May 31, 2008 10:39 am

Yeah, I agree completely Mars.
I thought it was completely hilarious, when I opened one of my older CPS guns for the first time. The trigger mechanism is so much better designed in terms of durabilty. It compresses a spring rather than stretching it.
Now the only drawback is that a 'Pull Valve' creates turbulance in the water, but I think the less output there is the less turbulent the stream would be.
Basically I'm agreeing that hasbro suck!!!!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 31, 2008 3:01 pm

You have to remember that Hasbro is designing for a different demographic with a limited lifetime for the water guns. If the water gun breaks after a year Hasbro's happy because it means people will go out and buy new ones. If the flow and potential for modification is reduced by using a ball valve, Hasbro is happy because they know most customers don't care about performance and anything to make modification harder is a plus.

Larami detaching wouldn't make much of a difference. From what we've been told it's market conditions that determine which water guns can be sold. Larger and more powerful water guns are simply less profitable to retailers, so they won't carry them, so companies have to sell different things. This has been covered a trillion times in the FAQs and introduction. Hasbro didn't make things go bad, in fact, Hasbro owned Larami during all the time the CPS series was around, so the thought that Hasbro is bringing down water guns isn't true. The disappearance of the Larami name is something to worry about though, because that coincided with dissatisfaction with the direction of the brand and people left to form Buzz Bee Toys.

powersurge, I would suggest calling Hasbro to complain. They'll likely ship you a free Flash Flood just for complaining.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:18 pm

I did. they put me on hold for 15 minutes then I was dropped.
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat May 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Perhaps you should write customer service a letter or email; Spinner was successful in getting a replacement soaker this way.

Best of luck!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sat May 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I Submitted a report about the Arctic shock I bought with the Sticking valve. I hope they will send a replacement. as When i got a refund on my flash flood I found an SS-200 at the thrift store across the street for $10 (Good condition, just a few scuffs)

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat May 31, 2008 11:17 pm

Maybe I'm just lucky, but ive never had problems with hasbro guns breaking or not working with the exception of a maxd5000 i got for $5 at tuesday morning, probably there because it was defective.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 am

Well they Finally replied to my First complaint about my arctic shock gun
Original message:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I had recently purchased a Soaker Tag Arctic Shock yesterday at the store. I got the gun out, filled it up, and pumped it up. It fired just like normal but when I let go of the trigger the valve stayed open, I shook it around a bit and the valve was halfway closed. so I pulled the trigger again and it stuck AGAIN. I took it back to the retailer and they told me there were no returns. Can you please send me a new arctic shock.

Response:
Hi Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Hasbro, Inc.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with the product team.

Regrettably the Super Soaker Arctic Shock in question is no longer in production and replacement products are no longer available.

Since your satisfaction is our goal, we wish to send you, at the address you provided, a replacement item of equal value. Shipping will be done as quickly as possible.

We are sending the equal value item to:

(My house, I don't want to post my mailing address here)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Sounds good. Looks like they deal with it in exactly the same manner as before, sending a replacement that is. Let's see what they send you; I'm wondering what a "replacement idea of equal value" will be right now. Arctic Blast, maybe?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am

^ Doubt it. I emailed them on a broken Nerf Rapid Fire 20 (which only Toys' R Us is able to distribute apparently) and the "replacement item of equal value" was a Buzzsaw.

Unfortunately, modern blasters won't really be able to support anyone in water warfare reliably nor very long. The only reason I have them is due to the ease of obtaining them (over the older guns) but they are obviously not designed for anyone halfway serious about water warfare. (though they could get one started, and many blasters that are currently around make decent sidearms)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:04 am

That's weird because the RF20 is still being sold from what I can tell. Maybe they've stopped manufacturing it and what's being sold is old stock. The Buzzsaw also doesn't make any sense. Maybe they thought some sort of rapid fire made it "of equal value"? To top it off, it's a ball gun, which makes it fundamentally different from the RF20. Weird.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:44 am

It is indeed still going around, but apparently its an outlet exclusive for Toys R Us, and I guess the Buzzsaw's semi-auto capability makes it count. =/ If you look at the prices, the BS is about half the price of the RF20.

As for soakers, the only replacement I got from them was a FF which still works. On the other hand, the old FF is pretty much dying from futile repair attempts. (mostly with trigger issues but the whole thing is pretty beat up)