Senior Assasins

General water gun discussion.
swirlycurly

Senior Assasins

Post by swirlycurly » Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 pm

I am not a senior but i am looking forward to it in the future and was wondering which do you guys think would be the best gun for it that would be homemade of course.

SSCBen

Re: Senior Assasins

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 22, 2008 8:38 pm

A small water gun that you could fit under an item of clothing would be good. I planned something to be built into a hooded sweatshirt but never made it. This way they would not know you are carrying a water gun. ;)

Other than that, a smaller, lighter version of most any of the water guns in our homemades section would be appropriate.

aamiller123

Post by aamiller123 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:56 pm

Yeah if possible a really toned down Super Cannon 2, but don't take my advice seriously I'm really new at this.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 22, 2008 11:12 pm

That would be excessive. ;)

A piece of LRT (latex rubber tubing) like my Leftovers homemade water gun on the homemades page should be plenty adequate. Just find a way to hit it in the shirt and you're good. Alternatively, build a small SuperCPS with 3 inch drain pipe instead of 4 inch drain pipe for the PC case, shorten the PC, and build an attached reservoir. That will be a small water gun very suited for assassins as well.

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Fri May 23, 2008 12:21 am

what type of store will sell latex rubber tubing? i do not think that i have ever seen it around.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 23, 2008 1:42 am

I have never seen a store sell latex rubber tubing. You can only order it from manufacturers and distributors (like McMaster-Carr). Manufacturers are cheaper by the foot but have very large minimum orders. McMaster-Carr is a good reliable place to get the LRT we use. Buy the smaller diameter tube I recommend in the SuperCPS guide (part number 5234K53).

You can look for places that have LRT (it's also called surgical tubing and is available in medical stores), but from what I've seen no place will sell the stuff that's right for us. The thick stuff they sell has such as small internal diameter that the water capacity is terrible and the water flow out of such a small hole would be terrible as well.