Did I buy a bootlegged Super Soaker?

General water gun discussion.
AquaX

Did I buy a bootlegged Super Soaker?

Post by AquaX » Mon May 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Okay, I'm confused and possibly pissed off. I went to Big Lots yesterday and saw a few cheap, generic waterguns but amongst them, there were a few labelled "Super Soaker". I decided to trust my instincts that it would be a legit SS that I could get for a bargain ($6). When I took it home and first held it in my hands, I realized that the trigger was purely for decoration and the actual water comes out when you pump it. It was basically a Vaporizor but pumps extremely slow. Oh and the name of the gun is "Splash Fire", which I can't even find it on the official Hasbro SS website, only ebay. This is really fishy, can anyone help me?

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 8:43 pm

that does seem fishy. the only pump action SS i know of is the sneak attack and that doesn't even have a decoration trigger. just a handle.
Last edited by Specter on Mon May 21, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 pm

There are many pump action Super Soakers. The SplashFire is a real Super Soaker brand water gun. Here's a little more information about it: http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... splashfire

It's a real Super Soaker branded item, but sadly that's not an indicator of quality any longer.

Oh, and welcome to Super Soaker Central! :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 21, 2007 8:56 pm

After a bit of research to confirm my thoughts, it appears that the Super Soaker Splashfire is indeed legit. That said, it is a pumper that fires a thin stream as you pump. If you want a more powerful soaker (they don't exactly tell you the trigger is fake, do they? 'Tis a pity), you can probably return the water gun to the store.

EDIT: Ben beat me to it. His comment regarding Super Soaker quality is cold, but on the mark. :cool:

And welcome to the forums! Glad to see you're on the lookout for fakes.