Does anyone know any decently long ranged, high capacity guns?

General water gun discussion.
nacnud112

Does anyone know any decently long ranged, high capacity guns?

Post by nacnud112 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me here: I'm looking for a decently long-ranged, high capacity water gun for under £30; Does any one know any?
Please reply quickly, Thank you.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:15 pm

My reply in the other thread:

Longest ranged water guns on today's market would be the Water Warrior's Blazer and the Super Soaker Flash Flood. Neither contains too much water however, but to be honest with you, they don't make high capacity water guns any longer.

Either shouldn't cost more thant 30 GBP.

nacnud112

Post by nacnud112 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:23 pm

Thanks a lot for answering. I'm looking for a slightly more cheaper one actually. I should have put £20 0r £15 instead of £30. Something like the super soaker xp 240 (my old one which broke) so, any others?

If you could send me a list and say what they're good at. (A watergun with over 10m range and 40 oz capacity is good)

Once again, thanks to anyone who replies.
Last edited by nacnud112 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Extra bit.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:32 pm

If you want something pistol sized, the Super Soaker Triple Shot won't go wrong. That'd be really cheap too. It won't have a good capacity however.

The Super Soaker Flash Flood is larger than that XP 240 by a few centimeters in length, but performs far better. It's essentially CPS power in a larger pistol sized water gun. It's reservoir capacity is 40 oz. From what I know about here in the US, most places sell it for $20, which is fairly cheap.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Welcome to SSCentral! There are also a few other sites you might want to check out, and there are a ton of similar threads like this...

Well, if you mean "better than an XP 240," then that's available. However, the standards of long range and high capacity haven't been maintained since the CPS and Monster lines from several years ago.

There are several more options on the table for things that are better than the XP 240. I'd go with the Blazer (fairly expensive) as Ben said, but the Krypton (too expensive, though) is even bigger. With price and capacity in mind, I'd go with a Max-Infusion (not the older Soaker Tag Elite) Flash Flood, and later down the road you can buy an Aquapack for it if you have the money. Face it, bigger guns are more expensive, regardless of their performance.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:18 am

As SilentGuy said, buying a max Infusion Flashflood and an Aquapack later on would be the best buy if you want water capacity and range. As I remember when i bought mine, a FlashFlood and a max infusion aquapack is cheaper than an Aquapack devastator, who has less range and has less water capacity(when you have an aquapack). And let me say that this gun is definitively worth the money it costs, the flashflood nozzle is impressive for the size of the gun. And usually, I use bigger water guns in the CPS line so you can trust me about it's power. I'm sure it won't hurt to add some more money for your water gun, depending if you really want the gun you've described. Otherwise you can go with a cheaper water gun, but I'm sure it won't shot as far as you want, or will have much less water capacity.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

nacnud112

Thanks.

Post by nacnud112 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm

Thank you everyone who replied, I'll keep those water guns in mind.

Thanks again.

I saw a 'Total X-Stream Tank XXL' when I went to get the milk, is that any good?

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:57 pm

Hmm...I've never heard of that, but I think Lanard makes the X-Stream Blastmaster 660. The Blastmaster is just about the best pump-powered soaker you can get (probably better than some homemade PPPs, too), though...

nacnud112

Post by nacnud112 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:40 am

Thanks, I did get a 'Tank XXL' in the end and it has very good range(45 feet), water capacity (over 60 0z) and cheapness £12.

Thanks everyone who replied.
(It is made by lanard.)

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:18 pm

Congratulations, then! That really does sound like a deal.

Could you get some pictures or do a one-paragraph review for us? That would be appreciated... :)

I suppose another option nobody really mentioned was to get pretty much any gun and do a backpack mod on it. Cheap, large, light, durable, and pretty much every other [good] quality you can think of. ;)

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:16 pm

Total X-Stream Tank XXL
Hmm... haven't heard of this particular X-Stream before. The results from stream performance you got sound pretty sweet. A review and pictures would be great if possible!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:42 pm

I've tried a x-stream gun with a similar name before, it was a yellow mid-sized gun with a special nozzle and built in mirrors to shoot around corners. Some picture of your new gun would be nice Indeed, I did'nt know that x-stream guns was that great.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:19 am

Yup, X-Stream soakers (I believe they are only pump-powered instead of air pressure, although I might be wrong) consistently get high ranges, but of course their output isn't too great. They're also fairly cheap, which makes blasters such as the Blastmaster attractive deals.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:03 am

isoaker_com wrote:Hmm... haven't heard of this particular X-Stream before. The results from stream performance you got sound pretty sweet. A review and pictures would be great if possible!

:cool:

I wonder, did he mention X-Stream in his original quote? I was missing that. I never have seen an X-Stream named "Tank XXL". Seems like a UK small brand. Prersonaly, I am not suprised that small name brands take up the lead in retail soakers. The bar of performance is so low right now, you would have to wear a shin protectors when running into it.
I've tried a x-stream gun with a similar name before, it was a yellow mid-sized gun with a special nozzle and built in mirrors to shoot around corners. Some picture of your new gun would be nice Indeed, I did'nt know that x-stream guns was that great.
Thats the X-Stream Super Cobra. I did post a review about it. Its one of X-Stream's largest Air Pressure soakers.
Yup, X-Stream soakers (I believe they are only pump-powered instead of air pressure, although I might be wrong) consistently get high ranges, but of course their output isn't too great. They're also fairly cheap, which makes blasters such as the Blastmaster attractive deals.
X-Stream did have a Air Pressure line. The interesting thing is, X-Streams manufacturer is Lanard, and they moved on building the Water Weapons line, which are those more realistic firearm looking Air Pressure sopakers that I reviewed last month.

The Blastmaster 660 is still Lanard's best weapon. a very Forcefull 66ml per shot is quite good for a pump cannon giving Hasbro and Buzz Bee their run for their money. The Blastmaster was already able to hold its own against 90s CPS, so its no suprise what it can do now to the contemporary flunky soakers.