Double Barreled Stream Machine Backpack Conversion

Threads about water gun modifications.
captianfear

Double Barreled Stream Machine Backpack Conversion

Post by captianfear » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:17 pm

I have a double barreled stream machine that I wish to convert into a backpack soaker. My only problem is that the barrels are on top of each other instead of side by side. In order for this to work I know I would need two tubes but I do not know if both barrels would fire since one barrel is higher than the other. I am just wondering if it is possible to convert a gun like this and if it has been done before as my stream machine is useless without a backpack.

martianshark

Re: Double Barreled Stream Machine Backpack Conversion

Post by martianshark » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 pm

Does it also have duel pistons or just one? Maybe one of the barrals could be the intake from the backpack.

captianfear

Post by captianfear » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:42 pm

It has dual pistons.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:06 am

Well that wouldn't work then. I'm not sure how to convert it without some serious modifications.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:13 am

Any modification to the system should work. However, if you wish to retain the double barrel functuality (rather than having to channel it to a single barrel) you will need more check valves.

The modification is as simple as that. You need at least two check valves; one for drawing the water in and the other for releasing. This is the only way to be able to draw water from a reservoir or other source but the second check valve before the nozzle will affect the flow considerably. (Another option is to use a ball valve instead but that has to be toggled manually.)

There are other possible setups to piston blasters, but all of them are more or less running on the same concept.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Why does it need the second check valve? I thought piston guns only needed one.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Because with only one check valve, pulling the piston back (to suck water into the pump shaft), there is nothing to keep air from getting sucked in along with the water. In fact, it is most likely that no water will be drawn, only air from the nozzle.

The only way for a piston gun to work follows a very similar setup to seperate PC air pressure and CPS setups. If you took out the PC's on those and plugged up the openings to them, as well as removed the firing valve, then you have a piston gun that works just like the Vaporizer.

The Stream Machines do not have any check valves because they draw water from the nozzle.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 pm

You could buy two of those thingsthat attatch to a single barrel stream machine to draw water from a lake, but just use your backpack resivoir as the lake.
-Zeda
Last edited by zeda.beta on Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.