Glad to be here.

General water gun discussion.
Chewie

Glad to be here.

Post by Chewie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 pm

Hey, y'all. I just found out there WAS a SuperSoaker forum. I'm a kid-at-heart who happened to make it through childhood with a SS2500 with a custom paint job (I was an enterprising tyke) and a wrist-mounted water balloon launcher. I'll have pictures of 'Lucy' soon, but I'm glad to peruse your forums in the meantime.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:18 pm

Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a good time.

I'm looking forward to pictures of your CPS 2500.

As for the wrist slingshot type water balloon launchers, I myself have used one and they're pretty good. Not too many people use them, but I think the rate of fire and ease of use makes them ideal.

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:19 pm

Ben wrote:Welcome to the forums! Hope you have a good time.

I'm looking forward to pictures of your CPS 2500.

As for the wrist slingshot type water balloon launchers, I myself have used one and they're pretty good. Not too many people use them, but I think the rate of fire and ease of use makes them ideal.
The trick is to have a string of ballons in a bag on your hip. I rarely use launcher-and-gun, though, and mounting a launcher on my gun seemed... overkill.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:27 am

Hey, welcome to the SSCentral forums. It's nice to see somebody who "discovered" that it was cool to paint soakers on his own...

Air pressure water balloons launchers (WBLs) have slower rates of fire and are far heavier, but they have the relative power of mortars on a battlefield. I've never heard of, much less seen, a compact WBL of the slingshot type you're referring to (though I have heard of the huge three-man ones), but they sound far more practical.

If you still have a bit of that "enterprising tyke" in you, you could check out the homemade soakers here if you haven't done so already. Hope you have fun here!

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:47 am

Here she is, Lucille...

The paint is a little dinged (8 summers will do that) but she holds up well.

Sadly, my launcher is in a garage 200 miles away. It was an insane spring/gear system that could shoot a fist-sized balloon about 40 feet. Not great, but it won for "badass" points.

I think the best thing about the 2500 is the easy-fill tank, the three level settings, and the shoulder-strap and shoot-from-the-hip utility of it. I could run a hundred yards and still drown someone.
Last edited by Chewie on Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:51 pm

That's both a fairly aesthetic and a fairly camouflage-effective paintjob, so it's good to know you use it. Is that a nickel near the soaker in the pictures? :p

At least the WBL sounds interesting. A good bit of Google searching turned up nothing other than the standard rubber band-like devices, so I'm definitely interested. It might not have incredible distance, but a high rate of fire will do. ;)

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:03 pm

Its a quarter, you meanie! The launcher had a double-spring, so it could be cocked and lock into place with one arm pulling. The ROF wasn't so hot, it was more for "look" than anything.