Hiya...

General water gun discussion.
_Sniper_

Hiya...

Post by _Sniper_ » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:13 am

I'm here because I want to look up water balloon designes and replace the balloon with airsoft bb's...

I might post every once in a while.....All I ever do is sleep/airsoft/games/make things explode...

So..yeah...

~R~

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Welcome to the Super Soaker Central forums, again.

I say that because you haven't even made an effort to hide your identity. Your email address is the same thing as sniper's AIM address at aim.com. Your IPs points to a place extremely close to where sniper used to say he lived (Oak Harbor, Washington is where the IP points). You even choose the same username. Your spelling has made a noticeable improvement, but you still make the same mistakes as sniper did previously (with a spell check button available to you I might add). You even brought up a lot of dead threads. You make it easy to identify you.

I know for a fact that you lied on our registration form about your age. That probably is because after all of these years of you being absent, you still aren't 13 years old yet. This is reason enough to ban you from our TOS, between the lying and the fact that you are not 13 yet. Heck, you even acknowledge that you lied on the registration page.

When you brought up something about the older sniper in a two year old thread, that was a dead give away to me. Seemed to me that you went out of your way to find a thread mentioning your old self as if you could distance yourself from your old self.

I also found it incredibly suspicious that you claim to be coming here to look for airsoft gun designs. Water balloon launchers are a completely different size of air guns. A spud gun forum would be far more appropriate, and an airsoft forum would be even more appropriate.

With the lying, I really don't know what to do with you. I would have probably accepted you back again if you came forward and said who you were. Essentially no one knows who you are anymore, so coming back now would have been a good time. But you still had to lie about things.

Prove yourself and I'll let you stay.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:25 pm

I'll double that up.

Your profile claims a birthdate of 1981, (meaning you would be 25) yet in the other topic you say that you are under 18. I could accept this as a mistake for 1991, if you correct it.

WBL design is not anything close to airsoft design. If you really need to look up WBL design then there are better sites, revolving around spudguns. This is not an airsoft forum.

I don't remember you, so I'll start with a fairly open frame of mind, but I have to say, not a good start.
Last edited by joannaardway on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

_Sniper_

Post by _Sniper_ » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:14 am

I am over 13, I just said I was under 18.

And I'm not a troll anymore. Decided to finally get a life.

I know water balloon launchers are diffrent then airsoft guns, what i'm trying to do is replace the normal big waterballoon barral with a smaller one that can fit airsoft bb's.

Good airsoft sniper rifles are way to expensive in my opinion, so I want to try to make my own. Nomore getting shot by a S.A.W. for me :mad:

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:52 am

The price factor is definitely one of the good things about this. The problem is that you're simply not going to get much range unless you (1) increase the FPS to well over 600, which isn't legal by most tournament standards, or unless (2) you use plenty of hop-up, which would be extremely difficult to do. I know enough about airsoft to know that there's no hope for this as a sniper weapon, especially since the barrel will be difficult to make.

However, you could create a "grapeshooter" of sorts. Even a small 1/2" barrel, with pellets being forced in from a spring plunger in the magazine, will have an incredible spread, and with the huge PC volume afforded by PVC, you can ensure a constant stream of plastic BBs.

Perhaps the effective range won't be that great, but you'll sure be intimidating and nearly invincible for battlefields with limited open areas and with tons of foliage. Also, spring guns, automatic rifles, and pretty much anything that doesn't have the range (but not necessarily the accuracy) of an airsoft sniper rifle won't have that much of a range advantage. Even accuracy-wise, a ton of pellets bouncing around will be impressive.

So while a good launcher definitely won't be a sniper rifle by any standards, it will be great support-fire and as an automatic shotgun that actually has a high rate of fire. Yes, I know the discussion is off-topic, but it does deal with water balloon launcher technology...

_Sniper_

Post by _Sniper_ » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:15 am

SilentGuy wrote:The price factor is definitely one of the good things about this. The problem is that you're simply not going to get much range unless you (1) increase the FPS to well over 600, which isn't legal by most tournament standards, or unless (2) you use plenty of hop-up, which would be extremely difficult to do. I know enough about airsoft to know that there's no hope for this as a sniper weapon, especially since the barrel will be difficult to make.

However, you could create a "grapeshooter" of sorts. Even a small 1/2" barrel, with pellets being forced in from a spring plunger in the magazine, will have an incredible spread, and with the huge PC volume afforded by PVC, you can ensure a constant stream of plastic BBs.

Perhaps the effective range won't be that great, but you'll sure be intimidating and nearly invincible for battlefields with limited open areas and with tons of foliage. Also, spring guns, automatic rifles, and pretty much anything that doesn't have the range (but not necessarily the accuracy) of an airsoft sniper rifle won't have that much of a range advantage. Even accuracy-wise, a ton of pellets bouncing around will be impressive.

So while a good launcher definitely won't be a sniper rifle by any standards, it will be great support-fire and as an automatic shotgun that actually has a high rate of fire. Yes, I know the discussion is off-topic, but it does deal with water balloon launcher technology...

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea too if this doesn't work.

The barral is no problem for me, I have the right-sized brakeline I can use as a barral, and for hopup I will buy a cheap MP5 mini, From what I have heard it has a hopup barral.

If I can get a cheap mini with hopup I can try to attach it to part of the brake line barral.

If I can't get that to work, I'll make a support weapon like you said. Me and my friend play at this big pice of land his dad owns that is a big forrest and in
one part the ground has lots of big chunks of cement to make bunkers.

All we play is one sided CTF matches (INF). Its always 3 VS 2 because the other team has the best guns (Hows a extreamly modded M16 and a S.A.W. sound?).

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 pm

Sounds good then--although my suggestion is inspired more by WBLs. I don't know much about airsoft, but it's just that one of my friends has at least $1500 worth of airsoft guns (completely and utterly pointless, IMO), part of which goes to the M249 that's currently shipping. I'm assuming the M16 is just a bulkier version of my friend's M4 (with more accuracy), but I don't know what a S.A.W. is.

_Sniper_

Post by _Sniper_ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:19 am

SilentGuy wrote:Sounds good then--although my suggestion is inspired more by water balloon launchers. I don't know much about airsoft, but it's just that one of my friends has at least $1500 worth of airsoft guns (completely and utterly pointless, IMO), part of which goes to the M249 that's currently shipping. I'm assuming the M16 is just a bulkier version of my friend's M4 (with more accuracy), but I don't know what a S.A.W. is.

http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/graphi ... _small.jpg

Is just something I found on google images. It looks almost exactly like his saw except the box mag is diffrent and the stock is shorter and odd looking on his.

If I ever get a chance to buy a airsoft gun, This

With a C-type mag would be Perfict. I like metal gear solid ALOT.