Selling Homemades

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 02, 2004 12:07 pm

I feel now that I need a second income... and what better way then helping you guys out! Umm, I'm going to be selling homemades now, to help SSC and me. I don't have the money to make many of the homemades I want to. But you guys do, that is, all of you. Before I make anything, I'll need the money to make it, I'm not rich. I'm going to be making estimates of how much something should cost soon. What would you like me to make?

Xray

Post by Xray » Sun May 02, 2004 6:47 pm

Doom, you are going to have some friendly competition in the 'homemade selling' market soon... I was planning the same thing as you - I just hadn't posted anything about it yet.

Well, the news is out now, I didn't want everyone to know till I got my prototype done, but...

More info on my (soon to come) limited quantity, first come first serve soakers will be posted at ASD.xpt.net.

Hopefully , Doom, this will force us both to create better designs, etc... its good actually.

I would have started earlier, but I was worried about patent infringment (sp?) and im still trying to 'break' some of Lonnie Johnson's and Bruce from Larami's patents. I hate legal stuff....

-blake

Good luck!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun May 02, 2004 9:28 pm

Can you sell Parts for Soakers? I need a CPS 1500 trigger valve...
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 02, 2004 9:40 pm

I could likely make something that would work as a trigger valve, maybe with the normal trigger but I doubt it.

Xray, maybe we could work together? I got a few ideas that might work out good, PM me if you're interested. I don't want any competition, I just want to make soakers for people since there are no really really good ones out and I need money.

You always could sell the homemade incomplete, it's what I'm planning to do to bend the rules. I can't sell homemades with a stream laminator (straws in the nozzle), but I can sell one with it. Same goes for CPS, I can't sell a working CPS but I can sell a gun that only needs a CPS PC.

Xray

Post by Xray » Sun May 02, 2004 9:49 pm

I can MAKE one (sarcasm), it would be extremely difficult to replicate the SS valve & making it fit aswell as being the same size is even harder - I probably can't help you there.

Making a valve isnt too hard, but when it has to meet certain criteria like that, I don't want to make a promise.

-blake

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 02, 2004 10:01 pm

Same here, I actually have tried to make valves like that but they didn't work out too good.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun May 02, 2004 10:22 pm

Like... a SS kit?
I don't check this forum anymore.

uman

Post by uman » Sun May 02, 2004 10:22 pm

let me know when you have some homemades made. I need soakers badly and I don't want to pay retarded prices for the rare good ones they Don't make anymore.
BTW I trust your judgement completely (you are the admin of this forum after all) but just out of curiousity why isnt this in the trading forum
я люблю воду!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 02, 2004 10:48 pm

Hmm... I guess it would be better fit there, as I am selling stuff. I'll move it.

I'll make them to order, if you give me money I'll make what you want. I've got a lot of PVC now so it'll save some money until I have to buy some more. If you want something, tell me what you want by PM/Email and I could make it.

uman

Post by uman » Sun May 02, 2004 10:50 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@May 2 2004, 05:48 PM
Hmm... I guess it would be better fit there, as I am selling stuff. I'll move it.
Hey, that's funny. I figured you had a reason, I was just asking. I guess you just didn't think don't worry it happens to me every day Hey, that's funny.) you'd probably get a bigger response there anyway
я люблю воду!

Xray

Post by Xray » Mon May 03, 2004 2:52 am

Give me a few weeks to get some parts/cash, then ill start making things - im in a financial hole right now. I sorta over-spent (big time).

-blake

uman

Post by uman » Mon May 03, 2004 3:21 am

are you using cps technology in these? If so isnt making money off them a violation of hasbro's patent? I'm no lawyer so I could be wrong...
я люблю воду!

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon May 03, 2004 6:42 am

Can any1 tell me how to make a new Max-D 2000 trigger? The one that I have is busted.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 03, 2004 9:44 am

You always could sell the homemade incomplete, it's what I'm planning to do to bend the rules. I can't sell homemades with a stream laminator (straws in the nozzle), but I can sell one with it. Same goes for CPS, I can't sell a working CPS but I can sell a gun that only needs a CPS PC.
You have to read all of my posts. :Hey, that's funny.:

Do you need to know how to make the trigger or the trigger valve? Because people haven't had much success with making a trigger. If I were you I'd get into homemades and then trash that Max-D 2000, you can buy PVC everywhere because it's used for construction and many other things.

bunny2002sg

Post by bunny2002sg » Mon May 03, 2004 10:54 am

No, my trigger valve's fine, it's the trigger itself I'm talking about.

And if it's that hard to make a new trigger, can you change what you're talking about in your trigger repair page for me? 'Cause I dunno what is the 'curving part'.

I'll borrow a digital camara and post a pic of the damage ASAP.