Mobile soakage

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:24 am

My team uses obvious things for fast attacks: bikes or roller blades. I recommend them for neighbourhood fights (with pavement and concrete flooring) because you can use simple hit-and-run tactics here. On bikes, one should use a pistol-sized soaker (like a MAX-D 2000) since you need at least one hand to control the bike. Roller blades allow heavier weapons (but not too heavy) like Xp-310's or MAX-D 6000's. An awesome roller blade weapon would be a pumpless blaster (like a power pak or splashzooka) since you need free hands for control. Ne ways, I do not recommend this on grass or mud battlefields (you Don't want your new bike or shiny rollerblades dirty, right?) since your motion and control is massvely reduced. By the way, my soaker team is an elite team, consisting of only three members (me and two of my friends) and decent firepower. Me (commander Dew) usually uses a CPS 2100. AC typhoon uses a CPS 1200 and AC tsunami sports an SC 400 (I know it's pretty XPBackfire-esquepy as a main gun, but he's dang good with it&#33 ;) .

See ya l8er! :soakem:
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:27 am

Oh BTW, we are trying to recruit new members! :soakem:

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:43 am

Since my water wars are just at a backyard, there is not much use of roller skates or bikes. Me and my friends do the "everyone against everyone" water battles. Everyone uses what ever they bought. Most of them use XPs and water balloons . They are very mobile and like to run(distance fighters). Im the only one who does the heavy gunning method, since I use 2 MXLs for every arm. 1 MXL makes people gang up on you. 2 MXLs will prevent people to gang up on you. Not to metion the incredible soakage(46 times the soakage of an XP, makes it worth walking arkwardly slow like Robocop or Mechwarrior).

Leet Slaxxorz

Post by Leet Slaxxorz » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:46 am

Another good gun for roller blades is the ZX-1000. See the review Doomsoaker did for it. Now that I've finally see one for myself, I've thought up ways to use it in special situations.

Where does your squad live, Monsoon?
They have taken away our silence.- Dalai Lama in <u>Kundun</u>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:42 pm

I just added a complete review for the ZX a minute ago.
The ZX should be a great gun for roller blades. Where did you see one? In a store? I'm going to check that KB-Toys that my mom bought it in again to see if they got any more.

Leet Slaxxorz

Post by Leet Slaxxorz » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:58 pm

A friend and I saw about three in the KB-Toys at the mall. I'm going to try to get a big brouhaha together this weekend or next and go in there as preparation for the event.
They have taken away our silence.- Dalai Lama in <u>Kundun</u>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:57 pm

I can't find the pics of the box I took. Can you tell me the company that makes it when you get one? It doesn't say on the soaker, but I know it does on the box. The box also told you to go to a website for more info about the ZX, and when I went there, there was nothing about that at all. :blink:

Edit: Remember this? You should if you were at the old Aquatica iB.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:22 pm

My squad lives in Stoney Creek, Ontario (in Canada) and I'll check that review. Oh BTW, did I already metion the rare and discontiued soakers I saw at a small town near my cottage?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:58 pm

Yes, you did. I wish I lived there.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:11 am

I personally think that roller blades are better fast attackers, and it also depends on who you choose to be fast attack. I think the yellowjacket is a perfect roller blade gun, except for it's rate of fire

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:25 am

I hope you Don't fight me on your roller blades I pefer to saty on foot and out of sight and stalke the emeny :) ;) B)
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:56 am

my science teacher and a kid in my science class are canadian monsoon.... anyways I'd recommend a max-d 4000 for bikes. I don't have one, but I know it's only a little bigger than a max-d 3000, which I do have. also you could try mounting an sc triple charge to the handlebars with duct tape. I'm getting ideas already.... :rolleyes: :shifty:
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:10 am

:sick:

im dono y I like being on foot maybe it's just me or I Don't like the idea of being near or on the road in the open

the arm4000 sounds good for bikes sence you only need 1 hand to pump and shoot
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:39 pm

I'm thinking of building a slower (but faster than feet) "fast attack" unit. I was thinking of using a scooter with squirt guns duct taped to the handles for a simple forward attack, but if say someone came from the side, the rider would be in trouble. Maybe I could buy a motorized scooter instead?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:29 am

nice sig, monsoon. how about a moped?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.