Piston water guns

General water gun discussion.
The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:37 am

California Water Cannon = shoots over 75 -100 feet

XLR/Water Cannon = shoots over 60 feet

(These website have been posted here before, Im just refreshing memories.)

Stream Machine Water Gun = shoots 70 feet

As mentioned in earlier posts, I like Piston soakers for it's simple yet effective syringe technology. I interpret CPS Soakers as "Automatic Pistons", which explains their power. Even though most people look down on "Manual Pistons", I think they might be a future in those kind of soakers, since the power increases with the muscle strength of the user.

Example models of good pistons are listed above. All 3 water cannons would be almost perfect if they would have a large tank supply and a gun design.

Any thoughts about Pistons?

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:52 pm

keep in mind that methods actuated in the same way as pistons power dollar store guns. also, even piston cps guns aren't REALLY the same type of piston. now what would be cool would be to see a gun with a spring on one end of a piston and a qfd on the other. im thinkin bigger zook with more power. doom, MAKE A HOMEMADE LIKE THAT! dunno what you'd use for the piston, but the spring would be easy. you could use some 2 or 3" pvc for the casing, and an epoxied-on cap at one end. the other end would somehow connect to 3/8" tubing, which would connect to a ball valve and one of freakymist's homemade nozzles.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:38 pm

Actually, I've expirimented with that stuff before. The spring CPS was actually my idea, from way back at the Aquatica iB!
http://www.sscentral.net/reviews/zx1000.php
Remember that? I love it, glad I picked one up.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm

well 'scuse me, I wasnt even a member of aquatica.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:41 am

I don't like pistons because it is really hard to aim them while pumping/shooting.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:40 am

Yeah, that pretty much makes the range you get useless because you can't hit it!

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:20 am

Exactly. I would rather have to get up close to my opponent to soak him tah being far away, struggling to shoot at him.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:46 am

One can aim with a piston very well if you hold the suporting front arm tight. If one keeps the suport arm steady while the other arm pushes, the aim is as good as the comon Soaker.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:04 pm

Most people don't do that well. ;) I know I don't.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:52 pm

http://epswww.unm.edu/field/eps420/420i ... swater.jpg
Thats the Stream Machine double gun shooting. I don't think it's goind 70 feet.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:14 pm

just thought of this - if you have longer arms, you can probably put the handhold of the piston up to your shoulder like the buttstock of a real gun, you'd be pretty accurate that way.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:54 pm

It's hard to tell with the picture. But the stream size look very thick. Probably 2 times 5X soakage at least.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:45 am

Originally posted by The dark ANNIHILATOR@Jan 19 2004, 12:46 AM
One can aim with a piston very well if you hold the suporting front arm tight. If one keeps the suport arm steady while the other arm pushes, the aim is as good as the comon Soaker.
No because even if the support arm is steady, the pumping arm will not be steady since it is moving back and forth.
http://epswww.unm.edu/field/eps420/420i ... swater.jpg
Yeah. it's already arching.
just thought of this - if you have longer arms, you can probably put the handhold of the piston up to your shoulder like the buttstock of a real gun, you'd be pretty accurate that way.
Yeah, but that would only work for longer guns. And if the handhold is on your shoulders, how would you pump it.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:54 am

No because even if the support arm is steady, the pumping arm will not be steady since it is moving back and forth.
That only happens if the pushing arm is not clenched in, or the piston construction is really bad.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:41 pm

in my opinion, piston guns should only be used for defence. One-you would need a tank around around all the time Two-It doesn't have the best rate of fire.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups