Turn on CBS now!

General water gun discussion.
Specter

Turn on CBS now!

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:50 am

David letterman has a guy with a giant air cannon.. WATCH IT... he might shoot it again... he shot it twice already

hes trying to shoot it thru a tennis racket.

its a tennis ball shooter but it doesn't seem to work very well

it actually looks like ones from myaircannons.com

and now hes shooting it thru a taxi window
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:19 am

after he tried to shoot it thru a tv. it didnt work. haha. so david said "just walk up to the tv and bash the thing thru it" so when he hit the tv with it, the cannon exploded, the back part conected from the PC to the solenoid shot off the back of the cannon. it was crazy looking. it just broke. it looked like it coulda hit someone. sucks that he broke his nice cannon. haha.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm

It's ridiculous that they'd bring a guy who knows nothing about pneumatic cannons and safety onto primetime. First off, a solenoid is a terrible choice for such a large cannon. And second, it takes an IQ of less than 75 to hit anything with a pressurized weapon (especially if it's PVC).

Shocking. :p

Thanks for the heads-up though! Unfortunately, it's unlikely that people saw your post in time. Guess we'll just wait for a water gun edition.

Edit: Just converted the title from all-caps. Please don't type in all-caps - it looks like shouting to most people.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:19 pm

sorry about the all caps...

and secondly remember that guy who invented the beer throwing fridge? it was that guy. so im assuming he knows about the cannons and safety.

the cannon looked to be about 9 feet long and the solenoid (the sprinkler valve things) was huge. he had a trigger mechanism for to shoot it. i think the PC was like a 5 foot long 3-4" pvc. the barrel was 2.5 or 3" pvc because i have 2" on my cannon and a tennis ball doesn't fit. the thing looked cool, but it didn't seem to perform very well.

when he shot it on the show. it didn't work on anything he shot (tennis racket, taxi cab windows, tv/monitor) but in rehearsal, it snapped the tennis racket in half, went straight thru both passenger windows, and shattered the tv. the reason i know this is because, they just showed the tapes from rehearsal of everything breaking, it was kind of funny .