I'm done.

General water gun discussion.
RacerSoaker445

I'm done.

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:25 am

I am done with soakers for now. There is nobody to have wars with around here, kids just pump and run at you leeroy jenkins style. Rather boring.

Maybe I will return sometime in the summer. Currently, I am still interested in water balloon launchers. I have a launcher I am making which uses a sort of curled up pressure chamber made from 3" pipe.

PS: I am not sure if this is the right topic to put this in.
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 am

This happens to everyone at one point or another. Good luck, and don't forget to come back if you do get back into water wars in the future!

Soak on. :cool:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:22 am

It's disappointing when kids just run at you.

Unfortunately it can be hard to dissuade this tactic, at least without running the risk of dissuading them completely.

Just dumping high output on them is likely to just encourage this.

Presumably they won't follow any system of honour with regards to 1HK. The charge tactic would be rendered useless here, but as I said - they won't agree.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:56 am

I sympathise, Racer. I sadly don't have many wars - should that be any? - and that can cause some rather anti-soaker feelings.

All I can say is: don't dump your soakers - hope for better times ahead! Things might change in the summer. Maybe not to the extent that you end up having Waterbridge-style wars, but enough to provide a fun experience.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:06 am

Duxburian wrote:This happens to everyone at one point or another.
Good point. It's true, it happens to everyone as they mature or get bored of water guns. I wouldn't call myself a soaker enthusiast anymore but I still like it. It's fun.

Of course, unfortunately my community was never incredibly interested in soakers...
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:20 am

As with me. I don't actually use them in wars anymore. Now it's just collecting them. I wish it wasn't like that.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:45 pm

Well, water balloon launchers can be used for other things after water war enthusiasm dies down - target shooting or other things like this.

And at this point I say: water guns should not be used for other things.

But don't get rid of your stuff! Often you'll want it again someday. If you must get rid of some stuff, keep a couple back to use in later life.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston