ARM 4000 Lawsuit

General water gun discussion.
Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:43 am

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_si ... _id=425281
Larami Files Patent Infringement Suit against Ohio Art

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 24, 2003--Larami L*I*m*I*t*e*d, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS), has filed a patent infringement suit against The Ohio Art Company (Ohio Art) in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. The suit centers on Ohio Art's infringement of patents owned by Larami for it's line of SUPER SOAKER toy water blasters.

Larami seeks damages and injunctive relief based on Ohio Art's selling of it's "A.R.M. 4000 XL," a water blaster that incorporates Larami's proprietary pressurized water system and release valve as specified in the suit. Based on an analysis of the Ohio Art product, Larami has determined that the "A.R.M. 4000 XL" infringes upon two patents owned by Larami, as detailed in the suit.

"This infringement suit demonstrates Hasbro's continued commitment to vigorously protecting our intellectual properties and patents," said Barry Nagler, General Counsel for Hasbro.

Introduced in the early 1990's, Larami's SUPER SOAKER water blasters have built a reputation for superior performance, and are distinctive for their use of pressurized water and air to shoot large volumes of water considerable distances, as well as their futuristic look.

Hasbro is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., it's PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, SUPER SOAKER, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.
I think that this suit, if larami wins, might get some big fines, big enough to shut down the A.R.M. If you like them, the time is now to go and get them. I think the whole arm thing is cheezy, quite cheezy indeed........But that's just me.

P.S Is it just me, or do none of the quote, http, IMG, [at], code, show all smilies, or list buttons work any more?

EDIT: Limightd, L*I*M*I*T*E*D Problem
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

Codemaster

Post by Codemaster » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:08 am

Those stupid buttons havn't worked for awhile.

That's why you Memorize The VB

Code: Select all

:)

On another note, I never really thought much of the ARM series, um. Yeah, one less XPBackfire-esque soaker floating around.
:p h34r:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:08 am

I heard about that. ARM claims that their soaker has technology different enough to still be CPS while not being patented. I would like another company to be around to maybe one day make much better soakers, but it looks like Hasbro is going to destroy them.
And all the buttons work for me except the URL one, the IMG one and the show all smilies one. I have the URL and IMG ones memorized, and the other smilies are really bad in my opinion.

light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:58 am

ohio art also makes etch a sktech

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:10 am

da** hasbro well so much for the arm gun I hear it's pretty good still im going to mis guns like the 1000 2500 and a few others even thoe there makeing remakes I find the remakes Don't work as well...
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World