General water gun discussion.
Finnster

Post by Finnster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 am

Greetings from Michigan. I ussually nerf, airsoft, and paintball, but some of my friends have got me into Water Wars again. I've got a few nice stock guns (Flash Flood, Hydro Blitz, Max Infusion) and some cheap squirt pistols. I'm planning on getting one or two SS50s, and wondered if anyone had suggestions for guns. I'm more into the older guns, but I like most super soakers. I'm looking for guns with large capactiry, but that aren't to bulky (like the flashflood). I'm also looking for something with fairly good range, atleast 35ft flat. I'm also looking for modifications that can easily be done to the Flash Flood (I've opened them up before) or the Hydro Blitz (never opened these up).

Thanks
Finn

Silence

Re: New Member

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:51 am

Welcome to SSC! It looks like you live near C-A 99.

This year's Blazer/Expedition and Pulse Master both come to mind. See this page for details. :cool:

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks! What's the range of the Pulse Master? It seems pretty nicely sized for the volume.

Finn

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:59 am

I'll try and get back to you on that. I have one but haven't range tested yet.

I will say that the drawback of that gun is a VERY short shot time. It's quick to repump, but still not as good as having a bigger pressure chamber.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 am

Okay, thanks. I've got to say, no offense to NerfHaven, but this is probably one of the best "Toy Blaster" forums out there. Anyway, does anyone know much information about the Larami Uzi? I know it's not good for performance, and I couldn't use it, but it would be awesome as a wall-hanger and for screwing around with. I loooked here, but it doesn't have much information.http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... i_uzi.html

Thanks
Finn

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:10 am

Welcome to SSC. I hope you enjoy your stay and I'm glad you like our forum.

I can't recall any more information available about the Larami Uzi. If I recall correctly they pop up on eBay every once and a while, in fact, there a NIB one on eBay right now. Maybe you could buy it and fill us in on some details.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:39 am

The only high capacity, non bulky blasters are backpack based. Otherwise, that becomes a paradox. (then again, I consider the FF to be medium-low capacity anyways)

Where exactly is Kalamak? I live in Troy, north of Detroit.

I hope "screwing around with" doesn't involve taking it out in public. People have enough problems with normal bright colored water guns already, but I'll assume you know all about replica guns and what can happen with them. Though iSoaker didn't get to test it, I'd guess it won't shoot farther than 20'-25' and won't hold more than 300-400mL of water total.

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:10 pm

C-A_99 wrote:The only high capacity, non bulky blasters are backpack based. Otherwise, that becomes a paradox. (then again, I consider the FF to be medium-low capacity anyways)

Where exactly is Kalamak? I live in Troy, north of Detroit.

I hope "screwing around with" doesn't involve taking it out in public. People have enough problems with normal bright colored water guns already, but I'll assume you know all about replica guns and what can happen with them. Though iSoaker didn't get to test it, I'd guess it won't shoot farther than 20'-25' and won't hold more than 300-400mL of water total.
Yup, the Kalamak is just a joke, I really live in Kalamazoo, it's south west Michigan, near Richland, Portage, Paw paw, etc.. Thanks for the eBay link, Ben.

Finn

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 pm

C-A_99 wrote:I hope "screwing around with" doesn't involve taking it out in public. People have enough problems with normal bright colored water guns already, but I'll assume you know all about replica guns and what can happen with them. Though iSoaker didn't get to test it, I'd guess it won't shoot farther than 20'-25' and won't hold more than 300-400mL of water total.
Yeah, don't wield a realistic toy gun anywhere other than your fenced-in back yard. I can't speak for US law, but in the UK it would be illegal to walk down the street with such a thing. (Of course it's usually illegal to have a real gun in the UK. And DON'T start a gun laws debate, unless it's directly relevant to water weaponry.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 am

Heh, I should've guessed... Its over halfway across the state, good 4-5 hours.

I just wanted to be clear on the Uzi; even if you have a blaze orange tip on it, its still a bad idea. People in Troy get pissed when they see teens carrying big water guns, and have called police over to a park before during a war which I personally organized with another team in South Lyon. (people in South Lyon do that too) If the laws weren't the problem, the people certainly would be. These days you can't get a war anywhere theres other adults and their children around. At all.

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:46 am

C-A_99 wrote:Heh, I should've guessed... Its over halfway across the state, good 4-5 hours.

I just wanted to be clear on the Uzi; even if you have a blaze orange tip on it, its still a bad idea. People in Troy get pissed when they see teens carrying big water guns, and have called police over to a park before during a war which I personally organized with another team in South Lyon. (people in South Lyon do that too) If the laws weren't the problem, the people certainly would be. These days you can't get a war anywhere theres other adults and their children around. At all.
Yeah, I know. I'm always careful about that kind of stuff. I wouldn't carry it around except in my yard and my friends' yards, and I would carry it carefully if I brought it anywhere.

Finn

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:03 am

C-A_99 wrote:These days you can't get a war anywhere theres other adults and their children around. At all.
We've never had a problem in Cambridge. Last time I played we were battling in some side streets, previously we've battled on common parkland. We've had battles on some of the University sites on Sundays, and no-one's complained then either.

We do have a rule of ceasefire if there's anyone else who might get hit, that probably helps.
Arsenal: