I'm Looking For A Squirt Gun Thats Like A Laser

General water gun discussion.
Mr_Pat

I'm Looking For A Squirt Gun Thats Like A Laser

Post by Mr_Pat » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:34 pm

I am looking for a squirt gun that when you shoot it there is a light in-side that illuminates the water and it looks like a laser beam at night when you shoot it.... I have been looking all over the internet and cant find one....

can you help?

SSCBen

Re: I'm Looking For A Squirt Gun Thats Like A Laser

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Some old Storm water guns did that. It was called something like the "illuminator" feature from what I remember. Storm now only sells pistols from what I know, but you can ask the company that manufactures them if they make anything else: http://www.jakkspacific.com/construct.p ... page=storm

Mr_Pat

Post by Mr_Pat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:12 am

Thank you very much!!!!!

:)

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:54 pm

the light isn't really that great. I have the Storm 600 (the number is probably wrong but its in my sig) which i believe was the smallest good one. It only lit up about 1-2 feet of the stream and faded out. It doesn't last long, and once the slightest bit of water gets in the battery compartment, its done. no more lighting up. Its hard to keeep the battery area clean, and any dirt keeps it from sealing and water gets in and ruins it. I had stopped using batteries at all after maybe a couple weeks of owning the soaker. Its still a great soaker, but it does have its flaws.
Oh, don't bother looking at the Storm 900 (or 1000 if i remember correctly). My brother has it, but the trigger/trigger mechanism is weak and will snap after a while. Never bothered trying to fix it, but i think it still fires if it gets pulled back the right way/hard enough.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Mr_Pat

Post by Mr_Pat » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:45 am

Thanks for the reply.

Can you recomend any other one that light up the stream of water? I will only ocasionally be using this gun at a couple of big "hippy concerts" to have fun with people that are partying.

Thanks
Mr_Pat

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:08 am

as far as i know, the storm guns were the only ones that had some sort of light in them.
oh, and the means they used to light up was a small LED.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:45 am

The EES ("Enhanced Electronic Soakage") series of water guns from Hasbro/Super Soaker have lights and sounds when you shoot. I don't know whether or not the stream itself lights up. Anyway, the water guns are generally criticized for being gimmicks, but if they're what you want, then try them out! :)

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 pm

SilentGuy wrote:The EES ("Enhanced Electronic Soakage") series of water guns from Hasbro/Super Soaker have lights and sounds when you shoot. I don't know whether or not the stream itself lights up. Anyway, the water guns are generally criticized for being gimmicks, but if they're what you want, then try them out! :)
no the stream in fact does not light up. my brother has the EES sonic I believe

Mr_Pat

Post by Mr_Pat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:34 pm

Specter wrote:no the stream in fact does not light up. my brother has the EES sonic I believe
Thanks for the feadback. I just ordered a Storm 300 and a 500. These were a pain in the but to find but I should have them in a week or so... hopefully these are what I am looking for.

Mr_pat

Specter

Post by Specter » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 pm

aren't the 300 and 500 small ones? If thats all you could find I can understand, but in my experience, the 600, and 1000 are nice, mediumish good sized ones. They are both pistol-grip and easy to carry, not heavy, but since i mostly used the 600 (the 1000 was my brothers) I feel that its the preferable size.

Mr_Pat

Post by Mr_Pat » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:49 pm

The smaller ones will suit my needs better. LIke I said above, I dont need the guns for war or anything. I need them for "hippy" concerts where a there is a good percent of the crowed is "messed up", so when I see someone whos been partying I can shoot a few streams past them as they walk by to mess with them :D They like stuff like that.

Mr_Pat

Post by Mr_Pat » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:36 pm

So I just got the Storm 300 and the Storm 500 (2 of each) and they dont light up.... THe battert compartment was glued shut and I assumed the batteries were dead being old new stock... well I opened them up and there are no electronics inside of them.... AHHHHHH!!!!!

so I geuss the kids get new guns....

I am still looking for guns that light up...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Make sure you provide feedback about the eBay seller or whoever sold you the water guns. I take it they omitted all mention of the fact that the electronics had been removed. That's misleading or worse.

Don't worry too much though, as similar Storm water guns will turn up again. Actually, I've seen Storm pistols practically every time I've checked eBay water guns, which admittedly isn't often. :rolleyes:

Anyway, good luck in your search! :)

EDIT: Oh, I have seen new Storm guns in stores at times (maybe a year ago). It was one of those small kid's mom and pop stores that carry cheap toys and the like. The name is slipping my mind...

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:08 pm

I had a Storm gun that did that. It's not that great. A lot of pumping for not much power. Now it's on my large pile of broken Thunderwars guns.
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm