See who Hasbro wants the new soakers for

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:05 pm

Those are the kind of people they are targeting. Sad, very sad.
Another pic I found, that gun is retarded.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:12 pm

well, at least the helix is of decent size.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:55 am

Those child actors look like that kid in that bed wetting comercial. Those brats seem to be involved in any kind of water related issue. hahahahaha
Anyways, bed wetters or not, having them in a comercial never made soakers look cool. Hasbro should have done the same thing like Stream Machine, having College boys and girls blast each other:

http://www.blowgunsnw.com/waterballoon/ ... achine.htm

The important picture is the one at the botom on that webpage.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:05 am

Well, do you expect them to target 18year olds who want to join the miltia :rolleyes: , as ChrisReid put it...

Soakers are intended for preteens and teens, not for 20something year-olds. But I do find it sad that they are targteting 6year old children. :angry:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:33 am

Soakers are actually targeted for 6-10 year olds...I'm going to make a longer article about this later but it's not hasbros problem that about 100 people have taken the whole wate wars thing too far. The guns are marketed at younger kids because that is who buys them! I don't know about you guys but I don't many people 13+ years old that use soakers regualry beyond the online soaker community. Hasbro will never market their guns at older kids because then they would loose a lot of money. Quit whining guys, a big company is not and should not market their guns at a diffrent age because a very very very very very small percent of their customers are too old to be playing with the soakers they market, it's not their problem and if they make it their problem then they would loose millions. sorry to bust yalls bubbles but yall need to move on!

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:18 am

Quit whining guys, a big company is not and should not market their guns at a diffrent age because a very very very very very small percent of their customers are too old to be playing with the soakers they market, it's not their problem and if they make it their problem then they would loose millions. sorry to bust yalls bubbles but yall need to move on!
Actually, from a psycological standpoint, kids are looking up to late teens and adults regardless if it is in a posetive way, or negative way. It would be of a benefit for Hasbro to show 20 year olds holding a soaker in a comercial, instead of weak little Timy or Boby Characters.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:50 am

Well, at least we got the ones we wanted back in 98 and 00. I've been planning something big, and when it's done, we'll all be happy. Don't ask. :)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:59 pm

you really scare me when you're that vague.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:48 am

Didn't I tell you? Hmm, I'll tell you on AIM later. It's starting to feel real, and I haven't even made it yet! ;)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:43 am

I Don't think you told me on aim, but I think I saw it on the ******* ****** board, so... yeah.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:35 pm

Well, then there soon will be no problem with the current SS line. ;)

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:06 pm

Only the fact that you would have to make the freakin gun! Which would require cutting, glueing, etc. Big pain in the butt. :Hey, that's funny.:

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:27 pm

Yeah, too much work and mony just for a soaker...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:01 pm

I already have most of it completed. It's done, except for the glueing, and I need to finish working on the trigger, trigger valve, and PC. It was an extremely easy to make homemade, K modding was harder.
I actually enjoyed cutting and such. I don't know what's so hard about cutting, I could cut through that 1/2" PVC in like 10 seconds, and I wasn't sore, tired or anything. I think it's the final product that I'm happy about.
The PC would have been done, but I'll need to buy like 10 feet of 4" ID PVC to make it, so I've decided to steal some from a contruction site's dumpster.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:06 pm

you DO realize anyone with net access can see that right?