what is better

General water gun discussion.
waterwarman

what is better

Post by waterwarman » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 pm

im new here so i don't know that much about water guns but i was looking in a store and there was a battery power water warriors water gun so u don't have to pump but if the battery runs out youbasicallyly out of the game but is it better than a regular water gun that u have to pump some one lend me some advice

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:33 pm

Most of us prefer the pumped guns. The battery-powered gun you're talking about is (most probably) the Tarantula. Whatever you get, I'd recommend the Tiger Shark and/or Orca. (they have better ranges than the Tarantula) If you find a Flash Flood or Arctic Blast, that might be of interest too. (for both of those, it's a good idea to remove the screen on the blasts and do a drill on the main nozzle)

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:28 am

If you want a non-pump Super Soaker, then either the SplashZooka, the SC Power Pak, or the SC Big Trouble are good for you.
Soak On!

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:31 am

The water guns that Hydroblitz mentioned are all very good soakers if you'd rather not have to pump. The largest advantage these soakers hold over battery powered soakers is that they don't rely on a battery. Instead, they use a Quick Fill Device (or QFD) system of charging where you plug the gun into a device that fits onto the end of your hose. The water pressure from the hose fills up a rubber bladder inside of the gun, similar to those used in CPS soakers. Once it's filled, you can fire at a constant pressure until you run out of water and have to use the QFD again. The problem in this case, is the availability of these soakers. I'm sure you could find some on eBay, but at prices that may make purchasing unfeasible, depending on how dedicated you are to getting one.

As CA-99 mentioned an Orca or Tiger Shark are good alternatives.

As an aside, welcome to the forums! Some of the moderators and administrators here can be pretty strict about spelling and grammar, and I enjoy seeing a well structured and formatted post myself, so in the future try to capitalize and add punctuation to avoid run on sentences. Not only does this make your post look better, it also makes it more legible, which will attract more members to your thread.

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!